Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Martin Bows

SonnyThomas

Default Martin Bows

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Is'nt that called baiting, why would else would ten+ deer be in one place. Legal in lots of states. Just became legal in Oregon to feed, and what works best is corn and alfalfa. But unless the deer you're hunting lives near a corn field, not likely that the deer know what corn is, Alfalfa is a differnt story, open up the bale and even we can smell it, and the deer sure can, seems that they love it. But in order to get those 10+ deer in one place, you have to feed them there, a lot, over several weeks. Once established it can be very effective.
    Food plots can, no always, offer deer something on the order of a kid after candy. I consider it baiting, but it's legal in most states. I have and my wife has sat right in the middle of a "herd" of deer. In our pasture I have sat in the stand and had 11 around me all at once. We have what is more a crossing point, between fields, cover and bedding areas right in our pasture. Okay, we are lucky, but not always successful. I'm getting picky. Once, in a corn field, my wife and I and our two dogs laid right in the middle of 16 deer. But then they knew we were hunting yotes, not them. My wife had probably the most dreamable experience. While just walking about in the nearby strip mine property she unknowning sat in the middle of 30 deer. I guess this deer grouping is called Yarding, but more a somewhat yearly get together. 30 deer either bedded down or just standing around like they could care less of her presence and her with her dog, Tiger.

This was not to take away from the issue raised above, but to say, yeah, it can happen, but sure as heck not as often as in the videos and hunting shows.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Simple Life,
    While the Martins can be very competitively priced, I wouldn't call them "cheap" by any means. I recently purchased a Warhog and paid over $750.00 for it....pretty comparable to many "top name" bows I think. I liked the feel of the bow, the looks of the Martin line and the reputation of the company....I probably would have paid more for the Martin, but didn't have to. The admonition to shoot what you like is a good one......anyone who puts your bow down, if it's a Martin, is simply either foolish or ignorant of the facts. There are some bows out there, not many, that I would consider lacking.....but not Martins bows.
    Take good care!

Post Thanks / Like

i freeking love warthogs!!! i should have nabbed that one i shot for like 5 something.... but 3 bows in 4 months is TOO MUCH...... lol i will have to settle for my alien.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    but 3 bows in 4 months is TOO MUCH...... lol i will have to settle for my alien.
    I have to agree with that statement.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

lol...food plots........ iowa is a giant food plot. and 10 plus deer in one spot? all of the time!!! yeah the hunting is good in my area. lol i saw some pictures of ted lastnight with a guy i know who went hunting with him. i guess it was fun. lol anyway yeah....
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Silencer

Default I like em!!!

I get so sick of the Hoyt, Matthews, Bowtech crowd they think anything else is just beneth them or something. I will take my new Silencer over any of them any day hands down. Plus I spent half of the average other bows and used that for new sights and other goodies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    I get so sick of the Hoyt, Matthews, Bowtech crowd they think anything else is just beneth them or something. I will take my new Silencer over any of them any day hands down. Plus I spent half of the average other bows and used that for new sights and other goodies.
    Welcome to this forum and good luck with your new Silencer!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

And to think, there are people in this world that think Hoyt invented the style riser that they use.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com