Thread: martin Jaguar Identification

Unregistered

Default martin Jaguar Identification

bought a used martin jaguar on e-bay. bow is complete ready to shoot and in excellent condition and even came with a hard case. my question is how do i know what year it was made (the info on the data tag is worn off) and what kind of cams do i have. i can't post pictures since i'm not registered and the site won't let me register, so it's a catch 22. i can tell you that both the cam and the idler wheel are silver and i found the lettering "F5" on the cam along with "M-Pro" . it is real-tree camo with a black rubber grip and i can make out the peak weight is 70 lbs and the string lenght appears to say 86. any help is greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

i would guess it would be an 06 or 07..... they arent listing jaguar bows for 2008, and 2008 is the first year they list the m-pro cam. the charts arent coming up for 2006 or 2007 though.

does it have the se# on the tag? specifically the first two didgets that indicate the year
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    bought a used martin jaguar on e-bay. bow is complete ready to shoot and in excellent condition and even came with a hard case. my question is how do i know what year it was made (the info on the data tag is worn off) and what kind of cams do i have. i can't post pictures since i'm not registered and the site won't let me register, so it's a catch 22. i can tell you that both the cam and the idler wheel are silver and i found the lettering "F5" on the cam along with "M-Pro" . it is real-tree camo with a black rubber grip and i can make out the peak weight is 70 lbs and the string lenght appears to say 86. any help is greatly appreciated.
    Use photo bucket and leave a link. Or what ever place you can take photos and leave a link. Then we will be able to open the link to see it to help. As soon as they are done with repairing the site you will be able to register.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    i would guess it would be an 06 or 07..... they arent listing jaguar bows for 2008, and 2008 is the first year they list the m-pro cam. the charts arent coming up for 2006 or 2007 though.

does it have the se# on the tag? specifically the first two didgets that indicate the year
    Martin did make a 2008 Jaguar. It is not listed. They were selling them on eBay through a dealer. we saw a few of them.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I found the bow you won on eBay so I could see the pics. I am 99% positive that your bow is a 2008 (if not it's a 2007, but because the cam has draw stop, I don't think it is). The bow does have the M-Pro cam, and the IBO speed should be 310 or 315fps. The F5 you saw was marked on the draw length module, and the F5 module means the bow has 27in. draw length.

I have to say that you got a great deal. I shoot an 2007 Jaguar with the Dyna cam, it's a great bow.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

2007 i think. Back then the M-pros used to be grey and as far as i know they were introduced this year.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Splitter, if you can post up the auction number on Ebay so the rest of us can find it. I looked and am not finding it.

Going from some info posted here I'd say it has to be a 2008 model. The MPro cam came out in 2007. The 2008 version was the same except that the cam was machined for a draw stop. 2007 didn't have a draw stop.

The Jag isn't listed for 2008 so there is the slight possiblity that it's a late 2007 model with a 2008 cam. Martin does some funny things that way. However, the production model showed a DynaCam which is a different cam altogether.

By using all the charts I can muster I doubt the string is 96 1/2", but may be 86 1/2". The a2a should be about 32 3/4".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I looked and the OP got a good price, indeed.

I am working on trying to get registration working. Unfortunately Admin has to do it and I haven't gotten hold of them yet, but I'm working on it. This has to be frustrating for these new guys. I know it's working me to a frazzle.
    If I have to I'm calling Terry Martin on Monday.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Thanks, I looked and the OP got a good price, indeed.

I am working on trying to get registration working. Unfortunately Admin has to do it and I haven't gotten hold of them yet, but I'm working on it. This has to be frustrating for these new guys. I know it's working me to a frazzle.
    If I have to I'm calling Terry Martin on Monday.
    I hope they do it soon. We are missing out on a lot of martin friends. They certainly would help in building the forum bigger.

Hutch