Thread: Saber broken

clockman

Default Saber broken

Dear Tech. Support,

The middle part of my Saber above the grip got broken this morning. I had same problem 6 months ago with my first Saber, but the shop assistant said that generation of Saber middle parts had material problem and the newone is stronger. I used the first one for more than 2 years.
    My bow has never been released without arrow. The bow has been set 63#, arrows are 380grn so 6grn/# should be appropriate.

I like the geomatry and speed of Martin bows,and this Saberwas very accurate. Please let me know what other middle part can I use for these limbs come from my broken Saber bow. As

I don't trust in Saber middleparts, those are dangerous (I have red U mark on my body from the breakage of the first bow.)

best regards,
    clockman

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Mr.

We would really like to help you but unfortunately ae are not the Tech support and thus cannot help you any further than giving you advices and comment on your bad luck.

If you want to stay with your limbs you can try to get an Onza, Ridgehunter or Exile-Riser. Or any other Martin riser as they all use the same limbs. Your drawweight might change because of the different limb angle.

I'd say you would have a better time if you go to your dealer and let your bow be replaced by a new one. You can ask for an upgrade in terms of bows for a small fee. I'd say that is possible, depending on your shop.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clockman View Post
    Dear Tech. Support,

The middle part of my Saber above the grip got broken this morning. I had same problem 6 months ago with my first Saber, but the shop assistant said that generation of Saber middle parts had material problem and the newone is stronger. I used the first one for more than 2 years.
    My bow has never been released without arrow. The bow has been set 63#, arrows are 380grn so 6grn/# should be appropriate.

I like the geomatry and speed of Martin bows,and this Saberwas very accurate. Please let me know what other middle part can I use for these limbs come from my broken Saber bow. As

I don't trust in Saber middleparts, those are dangerous (I have red U mark on my body from the breakage of the first bow.)

best regards,
    clockman
    If it were me I would call martin. I would tell them the situation. It would be better for them to hear from you then a dealer. Your concern is legit. And yes I would be afraid of getting hit with the riser too! I have had a bow blow up on me and wrapped the string and cable around my arm. It wasn't pleasant.
    Martin has a great customer service dept. Call them!
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Call Martin and talk to CS (1-800-541-8902) thought the phone number might make it easier.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com