Thread: Draw Stop Adjustment

Post Thanks / Like

Default Draw Stop Adjustment

There are no marks on the cam indicating positioning of the draw stop to achieve more or less let off and/or longer or shorter draw. So, can someone share with me which way to move it to do what, and how much to move it.
    With my BowTech/Diamond bows there were marks on the cam and a chart that said where to set it for the various draw lengths and let off.

Thanks for anybody who can help out.

Post Thanks / Like

trial and error, to shorten move toward the limb or counter clock wise, to lengthen clock wise
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

Post Thanks / Like

There should be a plus and a minus stamped into the cam to indicate draw length variations. Set your bow up with a friend. Loosen the draw stop a bit and draw the bow back. But with care! Let your friend move the draw stop to the position where it should contact the limb. Now let down and tighten it there. Make a mark with a white pen or something similar as a starting point and try to find the optimum setting for your liking.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

SonnyThomas

Default Draw Stop Adjustment

What Montalaar said. Loosen the draw stop, come to full draw and then have the stop moved to the limb. Though the manual states to back off the draw stop X amount for the rubber cover I do not. I set the stop right after checking timing, top and bottom mods evenly touching the string.

Above done, realize that moving the draw stop after does effect things. So find the best stop setting for you and then proceed with checking and setting things.

Personally, I found the valley/draw length more effected than pounds of letoff.