Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin/Rytera

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin/Rytera

Curious about something. Even though two bows, let's say the Firecat, and the Alien X are both rated for 335 fps. Will one come closer to IBO spec than the other? Both set up the same. I hear alot of guys talking about how fast an Alien X is, but is it an improvement in speed over a Firecat? Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Speed is relative

E,
    i have had both and I have to say that the AX is faster with an exact setup. the AX is listed at 330-340 and the Firecat 335-345. The most I could get out of my Firecat at my specs was 311fps and my AX I am getting 318. Again 7fps difference but both are fast, speed is relative.
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

I get the opposite with my '09 Firecat and '09 Alien X.
    Setup exactly the same and shooting the same arrow - the Firecat is 4-5fps faster.
    The AX has a much smoother draw tho and that little bit of difference may just be in the way I have the cam rotation set.

SonnyThomas

Default Martin/Rytera

I've only messed with one Firecat and one Alien X. The Firecat lacked something, but did pretty well. The Alien X cranked from the word, Go and it had to be turned down to compete at Metro this last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answers guys. Brem, good to see you back posting. The reason I was asking is, I loved my '09 Firecat, but the 2011 just doesn't shoot very well for me. Decent speed and all, but something about it just isn't right for me. Not nearly as good of groups as I used to get. Maybe it's just me being more used to the old grips. It's set up identical to the way my '09 was. I was thinking about trading it in. Might play with it a bit longer, and see what happens. Thanks again all! Eric

Post Thanks / Like

well i didnt like the feel of my alien at first....... and then i shot it and shot it and tweaked and shot if some more, and tweaked and adjusted and shot it and shot it and shot it.....and then shot my cheetah again. which i totally loved. but when i shot it i about choked. it just wasnt "my bow" anymore i guess. i suspect if you like the feel, and speed and overall of the bow, try shooting it for a few weeks and see how it works out...... just my 2 cents.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

my freind shoots a 2010 tr2. although i havent shot it in quite awhile. i dont know how i like it or not though.
    2010 rytera x. apache rest, truglo 5pin. 8in shockbocker 1000 stabilizer. norway g2 string tamer Huch-n-Son strings
    2010 rytera z apache carbon rest axt primal x5 sight

Post Thanks / Like

Justin, I've had this 2011 for a while now. A good 1000 arrows through it. Still can't group anywhere near what my '09 Firecat did though. Might try taking it back to the shop one more time, and have them go over it again to see if anything can be done, or if it's just me. Side note, the pro shop can't get it to group as well as my old Cat either. Yet neither of us can find anything wrong with it.

Post Thanks / Like

How'd you get a 2011 so early?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Default Martin/Rytera

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Justin, I've had this 2011 for a while now. A good 1000 arrows through it. Still can't group anywhere near what my '09 Firecat did though. Might try taking it back to the shop one more time, and have them go over it again to see if anything can be done, or if it's just me. Side note, the pro shop can't get it to group as well as my old Cat either. Yet neither of us can find anything wrong with it.
    The problem with going to a Pro shop, the person working on it isn't you. Mostly they do what they want to do, not what is needed for you.
    Best thing that every happened was when I got tired of the jerk working on my bow and changing the rest after I got it shooting great for me. The last time he crossed the buss cable and control the wrong way and then said he didn't have time to straighten it out. Not 5 da____ minutes to correct. I learned to do things. Not only did I learn, I eventually took his job.
    Right along with learning to do your own work, keep measurements and notes, mark things on your bow - lead pencil, scribe, whatever.