Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illuminated arrow nocks

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    If I can find these, I'll make a few to go hunt in the pound. Lost an arrow yesterday trying to get a goose.
    These are nice and will help find an arrow, but a metal detector would be better. For the reason most of the time the arrow is in the ground. But they help you track your arrow to see where it landed.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    It will shoot out way over 100yards. We took it out to a buddies house and shot it at 100yards and that wasn't even a problem. The up and down adjustment has a lot of adjustment. The cool thing was, at 100yards it hit perfect. Then when you shoot the bow it shows if you are torquing the bow. Most right handers will be to the left and left handers to the right.

HUTCH
    Cool indeed!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

hey hutch I saw that on AT.. is a cool idea, easy enough too.. I even found the thrill lights in waly world as well as in another store ..but we cant use lighted nocks here unless its just for fun... I may make some up just for shooting some flu flu's at night..peskey critters in the trash ya know
    Now about that shooter machine.. post up a pic some time
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    If I can find these, I'll make a few to go hunt in the pound. Lost an arrow yesterday trying to get a goose.
    Did you mean pond? If so, do carbon arrow float? Might have to string up a recurve for that Goose shooting work, then try cedar shafted Flu-flus. Other wise you're gonna have to drain the pond to retrieve that arrow.

Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery
    It will shoot out way over 100yards. We took it out to a buddies house and shot it at 100yards and that wasn't even a problem.
    So what kind of group did the machine shoot at 100 yds?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    hey hutch I saw that on AT.. is a cool idea, easy enough too.. I even found the thrill lights in waly world as well as in another store ..but we cant use lighted nocks here unless its just for fun... I may make some up just for shooting some flu flu's at night..peskey critters in the trash ya know
    Now about that shooter machine.. post up a pic some time
    Check out my albums in my profile. Also take a look at the video at the bottom of my posts.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    So what kind of group did the machine shoot at 100 yds?
    At 90 yards we hit great groups, 3" to 4" even with a slight wind. My sons Jaguar did even better than the rest of the bows. At 100 yards the groups where great as well, but we didn't have enough time to compare or continue. A few shots each at 100 yards was all we had time for. They still were in the bullseye zone. The bummer was my bow was not able to be shot because of a cracked limb.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

I made a couple of them today. Easy enough to do. I'll try them on Saturday and let you know how they work.

I also bought translucent nocks.

Light off. . .

. . . light on!

Post Thanks / Like

that looks real nice, sure lights up.
    Now I gather by the pictures it is the come on after the shot type. green cut of nock holds it in place while red ( is that been sanded) turns it on/off.
    or is the green just to help hold it in place... whats it group like with non lighted arrows.. just curious here. I could not hunt with that but sure would be fun to play with.
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-21-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typing late at night cant spell OFF
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

SonnyThomas

Default Illuminated arrow nocks

Guy came to the shop and was using these. Said they cost about $4.00. I turned off the indoor range lights and watched. The nock came on at the shot, before the arrow left the bow.

Not sure how the they work - the light is a plunger? The green thingy?

I know we had Lume Nocks and those ones with the magnet - just hanging on the wall, year old, every battery is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Stephane! I guess i'll start a search at our fishing shops, hope some of them to sell the Nite Brites. The illuminated nocks sold here are 11 euros (about 14$) for one which is insane.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows