Thread: alien nemisis

Post Thanks / Like

Default alien nemisis

can you put a css or the new cable guard on the nemisis? the cable slide i have now is chewing up my cables wich were already changed once be cause of the cable slide. and how close should the ata be to 34 inches i beleive mine is at 34 3/8.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about changing to the CCS on the Nemsis, but if you're chewing up cables then the problem is the slide itself. Changing the slide would be the answer. I have a CCS on my "Z" and had to shim the front end of it to angle it closer to the string. It pulls the cables too far to the side introducing excess side torque (my opinion). Adding it to your bow, if it can be done, will do a couple other things. It increases the draw length by 1/2" and puts more preload on the limbs (about 5#). Martin's answer to this last thing is to install 1/2" longer cables on bows that accept it.

As far as the A2A is concerned I will refer you to www.archerytalk.com.
    The first "sticky" in the Tuning section has a link for tuning bows that is very good. Click on the link and scroll down to post #9 (Nuts&Bolts). He has very detailed info about twisting/untwisitng cables and strings to get a bow in specs.

That being said, I'll be ordering a 2011 Nemisis very soon. I've shot bows with cable slides for decades now and whenever I see the least bit of excessive wear on cables I change the slide or chamfer the edges to reduce said wear. Bear in mind that cable slides, like so many things, are mass producesd and not all will be made smooth as a baby's arse so we have to learn how to recognize what causes problems and remedy them for ourselves. Just changing the cables is doing nothing but throwing good money after bad.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesse300 View Post
    can you put a css or the new cable guard on the nemisis? the cable slide i have now is chewing up my cables wich were already changed once be cause of the cable slide. and how close should the ata be to 34 inches i beleive mine is at 34 3/8.
    The CCS can not be fitted to the Nemesis, all the bows with the ccs have a place machined on the back side of the site window to accept the ccs bracket, the Nemesis only has a hole machined to accept a rod. I'm not sure if the 2010 model will accept the 2011 TRG either, it may but I haven't gotten a 2011 nemesis as of yet to see if they will interchange. I would just replace your current slide with an aftermarket unit such as a NAP or Saunders and make sure the cable grooves in the slide are smooth.
    As for the specs, ATA should run at 34 1/4"- 34 3/8" and brace should be 7 1/8 to 7 1/4. The next time you have the bow in a press, take the string/cables off and measure them, they should be 57.75 for the 2.0 cam string and 52.5 for the 1.5 cam string, the cables for both size cams should be 38.75.
    Last edited by archerx7; 01-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Also be sure that your cables are routed correctly.
    They should cross below the rod and the slide should be oriented so that the cable will not rub on the top cam module during the draw cycle.
    If they are crossed above it the slide will chew them up.