Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bengal set up ideas?

Unregistered

Default New Bengal set up ideas?

Well I still can't register so won't be able to respond but looking for advice. Purchased the new 2010 Bengal 55-70#. Think I got a deal at $257.00 compared to prices locally and on other sites. Looking to set it at 65# due to shoulder injury, 28 dl, shooting 100gr Slick Tricks. Going to use my current Tru-Glo site and have a QAD drop Away. Will also be using a loop. Wondering if I should install the STS as well. Been over 15 yrs since I set one up so out of the loop of todays archery equipment so looking for help on arrow guidance as far as weight and length. Always had PSE so first Martin. Thanks for any and all feedback in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I"ve been working on the registration issue and told it'll be a couple more weeks. You'll have to stay as a guest for a while longer. In the interim would you please sign off at the end of your posts using your first name. It'll make it easier to know who we're talking to and about. We're all friendly here anyway.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my 2010 BENGAL. I am sure you will enjoy yours. If you need answers just keep posting the question there is a lot of talent here. Looks like you got a very good deal on your bow. As far as the STS I say yes. It made a big difference in mine. Also if you don't have a manual go to the Martin web site and down load one. That will show you all you need to know, on the changes that you might want to do. The nice thing about a martin bow is you don't need a bow press to change strings, or draw length or to work on the bow. HOPE to here from you again.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I love my 2010 BENGAL. I am sure you will enjoy yours. If you need answers just keep posting the question there is a lot of talent here. Looks like you got a very good deal on your bow. As far as the STS I say yes. It made a big difference in mine. Also if you don't have a manual go to the Martin web site and down load one. That will show you all you need to know, on the changes that you might want to do. The nice thing about a martin bow is you don't need a bow press to change strings, or draw length or to work on the bow. HOPE to here from you again.

HUTCH
    Hutch, are you saying that I could, all by myself, turn my string on my 2010 Bengal? I always have to turn my D loop to hook it. About 1/4 of a turn.

Back to the topic. I think one thing that you might not know is the sting will settle in after a while and you'll be able to use a peep sight without a tube. Hence my need to turn it a bit.

SG

SonnyThomas

Default New Bengal set up ideas?

Bob has a 2008 Bengal and every arrow he has tried works. He started with CX Rebels, went to HV Victorys, CX 250 Maximas and now shooting Victory X Ringers I had originally set up for my ProElite. All arrows have Blazer vanes and 100 gr field points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post
    Hutch, are you saying that I could, all by myself, turn my string on my 2010 Bengal? I always have to turn my D loop to hook it. About 1/4 of a turn.

Back to the topic. I think one thing that you might not know is the sting will settle in after a while and you'll be able to use a peep sight without a tube. Hence my need to turn it a bit.

SG
    Yes. Just back off the limb bolts till you get the slack - turn the string 1/2 turn, put the limb bolts back where they were, shoot 6-10 arrows and see if that lines it up. If not - - go one full turn and repeat. If not - twist the other end of the string.
    By then you will have it figured out and twist it dead on line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yes. Just back off the limb bolts till you get the slack - turn the string 1/2 turn, put the limb bolts back where they were, shoot 6-10 arrows and see if that lines it up. If not - - go one full turn and repeat. If not - twist the other end of the string.
    By then you will have it figured out and twist it dead on line.
    just besure to remember to back them off in even amounts 1-2 each limb then down to 1/2 -1 as you near the end of limb bolt. Look at the side of barrel nut you will see the end of limb bolt. just keep um even
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-05-2011 at 03:19 AM. Reason: did not type last "bolt"
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Unregistered;36079........looking for help on arrow guidance as far as weight and length.........[/QUOTE]

With my '09 Bengal set at 65lbs, 29"DL, I'm back to using a 29" Beman ICS Hunter 340 with (3) 4" vanes helical fletched. Guess they're a little heavy by todays standards at 426grs, but getting great flight with 100gr broadheads & fld points, so works for me.
    Also have a set of 29" ICSCH 400. They did ok with field points, but showed signs of being weak to me w/fixed blade broadhead. For a 28" DL and 28" arrow length, should be good.

If you are wanting to keep costs down at first, you might try Cabela's Carbon Hunter 55/70.
    I borrowed a few from my son which are also 29" (3) 4" vanes and 100gr points. They performed just as well as anything else I had with field points. But with my fixed blade broadheads, they also acted just a touch weak "for me".
    Again, though with your set-up in a 28-29" arrow length, I think they would do well and lighter/faster than my ICSH 340's.
    (our Cabela arrows are 410grs, which I would guess you might see speeds in the 260-265 fps range?)
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Well finally got registered and appreciate all the ideas. Once it gets here I'll get it going and see what comes about. Kinda out there on the carbons since I have always shot aluminums thus the questions. I see Martin wants the string and cable length for warranty registration so wondering if those are standard from the factory or o I need to measure them specifically. Sorry for all the questions but as I said it's been a long time since I set one up and am definitely behind the times, lol. ALso does the STS/CCS make a real difference if so need to get them as well.

Brad

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    Well finally got registered and appreciate all the ideas. Once it gets here I'll get it going and see what comes about. Kinda out there on the carbons since I have always shot aluminums thus the questions. I see Martin wants the string and cable length for warranty registration so wondering if those are standard from the factory or o I need to measure them specifically. Sorry for all the questions but as I said it's been a long time since I set one up and am definitely behind the times, lol. ALso does the STS/CCS make a real difference if so need to get them as well.

Brad
    Welcome Brad, Lets take a little at a time. As stated before STS will make a difference. As for the ccs that is preference. The string and cable sizes are on the bottom limb sticker, the are the standard size for that bow.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com