Thread: letoff !!! 09 Firecat T2 pro x

Unregistered

Default letoff !!! 09 Firecat T2 pro x

The let off comes on fast too what feels like 80%.
    Its so hard to pull back slow on deer because of this. (blew it tonight on 3!)
    How can I make a smoother draw not so much of a drop. Can i move the iner like cam? one with the 2 screws an 1 through 7 slots?
    Ready to migraite to a new bow !
    Any help would be great. Thanks.,Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Steve,
    I can't help with your let off situation, but it seems you are now able to register on the site, so it will help so that you can reply to posts people make to help you out. You can not reply as a guest, so if you start out by registering, it will save some frustration. Welcome aboard, I hope you get the answers you are looking for.
    Dave
    2012 Alien X

fatsbucknut

Have you tried dropping the poundage 5lbs, might help

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to this link you'll discover how to eliminate the hump just before let off http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=626601

It basically involves tuning the cams and altering DL and Draw Stop.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Dropping the draw weight would be my suggestion, too. You're going to find pretty much the same draw cycle with any speed cam with 80% letoff. The trick to shooting them is to not shoot as much weight as your ego says you have to have. Drop the weight by 5-10# and you find these Cat cams draw a lot smoother.

It could be also that the draw length is too long or a combination of these two things It's a lot easier to control the draw if the draw length isn't too long.

The only other thing you might try is moving the draw length modules to the next longer position, but leaving the draw stop where it's at. This will keep the bow from dropping to that 80% letoff. Be forewarned that you'll have very little if any valley. You'll hit the draw stop and the bow will stop right there. It's going to be a different feel, one you may or may not be able to deal with, but it's worth a try.

Here's also some information just from my experience. Last year I had my 2008 FireCat and a 2009 Moab. The Moab has the M2Pro cam (Now the Acu-Trac) which is easier drawing. The reason it draws easier is that it's not as aggressive and means less speed pound for pounds compared to the Cat cams. I had to shoot it 8# heavier to get the same speed as the FireCat.
    The point is you can get the same speed with an aggressive cam rather than shooting the easy-draw cam 8# heavier. That 8# less makes for a much smoother draw. Remember this. Poundage is just a number.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver