Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ShadowNos

Post Thanks / Like

Default ShadowNos

Hey friends. I have a question for you. I started to make the string and cables for my ShadowCat -> Nitrous conversion. Now i ask myself what to do as the Nitrous-Cam is a tad wider than the gap in the limb fork:

a) use the 14" Magnum limbs from 2006 and see what happens.

b) use the 13" limbs from 2010 and see what happens.

The 14" limbs have edges and i am not sure how to convert the bow from the ROTO cup to the traditional limb cup design. The 13" limbs are a tad too narrow. So what to do?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I am putting Nitrous B's on my Nemesis and am sanding the inside of the limb forks for the cams to fit with really thin spacers on each side.

Post Thanks / Like

I could take the Spacers i got with my CAT cam for this purpose (around 8 ultra thin black spacers....).

Nice to hear that you will do this conversion. Let's see how you will feel with it. How do you sand down the limb forks? As you know i had several limbs break on me so i become real tentative...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, what's the "tad too narrow" in mm? I think that if it's not more then 1mm you can sand the limbforks a little as Scott has suggested. The worst that can happen is you to buy new limbs
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot measure that good. But it is something between 1 and 2mm. I know that it has been done as there are a few people shooting these Cams on the new bows.

Hm.

I will get my grey ShadowCat in a few weeks to my parents home to sand the limbs down. I cannot do it here. I am really hoping for a great shooting experience.

Oh. My new strings for this bow are blueblack/black/orange. Looks really good.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I think it could become an awesome shooter. You must try it. And please post some pictures!
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Right at 1mm off each inside of the limb forks with the spacers I'm using.
    Due to the fact that the NOS X will eliminate all twist and the limbs are Barnsdales with the reinforcements at the axle - I have no fear.
    My only concern is what the dw is going to be.
    Maybe one of the Nitrous Wizards will have some insight...
    Nemesis, 135 limbs, NOS B's.

Post Thanks / Like

With 1.5 -> B-Cams your DW will go up a max of 5lbs.

With 2.0 -> B-Cams your DW will go down around 5 lbs.

With 1.5 -> C-Cams your DW will go down 5lbs.

With 2.0 -> C-Cams your DW will stay the same. Approx.

Thats the Info i got from the one that converted his ShadowCat to NOS.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

" With 2.0 -> B-Cams your DW will go down around 5 lbs. "

Perfect !
    Thanks Simon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post

I will get my grey ShadowCat in a few weeks to my parents home to sand the limbs down. I cannot do it here.
    You may need to sand enough clearance so that it will be correct when you apply a sealer over your sanded limb tips, would'nt want to leave them unsealed. If you need 1mm each side, remove 1.5 mm then re seal, I'd go with two coats of sealer. Just another thought.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade