Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ShadowNos

Post Thanks / Like

Default No draw length problems

Nope, no draw length problems. I have tinkered with Nitrous cams enough to have a pretty good idea which ones would work best. To figure out the string and cables, I just take the target ATA, and figure the relative string lengths in comparision to other Nitrous cam bows. The Cougar line is generally a good baseline, as it was offered with Elite 17" recurve limbs, 14" magnum limbs, as well as the "SE" 14" limbs with more parallel oriented pockets.
    Last edited by dgmeadows; 07-29-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    Martin Silver Staff Shooter (hopefully still) - current arsenal 2013 Martin Nemesis 35; 2011 Rytera Alien Z, converted to NitrousX C cams; 2007 Martin Pantera NitrousX C cams; 2005 Martin Cougar 3 Elite NitrousX B cams; 1999 Martin Fury (2) with 2005 14" Magnum limbs and NitrousX C cams; 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG with NitrousX cams; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, 1969 Wing Chaparral Recurve

Don

That thing looks sweet. How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?
    I have 2 Shadowcats and a Cougar lll with the Nitros X cams on it.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Don't know....

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That thing looks sweet. How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?
    I have 2 Shadowcats and a Cougar lll with the Nitros X cams on it.
    Don.
    Don -

I believe I sent you the 1.5 cams I took off my ShadowCat.

I have no clue how it would work for non-sights and fingers. You would certainly need the widest axles possible to use finger release with the shoot through cables. I honestly don't see any good reason to use a shoot through system with fingers, though. The key benefit for the shoot through system is total symmetry and balance. With finger release, you will be imparting the typical side torque on the arrow at the release, thereby negating the shoot through benefits.

As for no sights, the shoot through cables might provide a frame of reference and reduce side to side errors.

Really, fingers and no sights is just not my thing. I have a recurve, but I am by no means highly proficient in that style of shooting.

But hey, give it a try and let us know how it works.
    Martin Silver Staff Shooter (hopefully still) - current arsenal 2013 Martin Nemesis 35; 2011 Rytera Alien Z, converted to NitrousX C cams; 2007 Martin Pantera NitrousX C cams; 2005 Martin Cougar 3 Elite NitrousX B cams; 1999 Martin Fury (2) with 2005 14" Magnum limbs and NitrousX C cams; 1999 Martin Rage Twin Limb XRG with NitrousX cams; my kids shoot Martin Tigers, 1969 Wing Chaparral Recurve

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you think it would work for shooting it non-sights and fingers?
    Don't know how it would go, you would need an amazingly smooth release.

Quote Originally Posted by dgmeadows View Post
    But hey, give it a try and let us know how it works.
    Would be very interesting.

Don

Don -

I believe I sent you the 1.5 cams I took off my ShadowCat.
    Darren, was that you I met in Vegas? They are working awsome, thanks again.
    I think I will swap my Cougar over to the shoot through cables and see how it works out with fingers. If it works ok then I will swap one of my Shadowcats over. Whats the worst that can happen? If it don't work I can always put the 1.5 cams back on with some spacers.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vegas ? Wasn't me !

Darren, was that you I met in Vegas? They are working awsome, thanks again.
    I think I will swap my Cougar over to the shoot through cables and see how it works out with fingers. If it works ok then I will swap one of my Shadowcats over. Whats the worst that can happen? If it don't work I can always put the 1.5 cams back on with some spacers.
    Don.
    Nah, I haven't ever made the trip to Vegas. Through ArcheryTalk I sold someone named Don in Southern California my 1.5 cams I removed from my ShadowCat.... seems like he had a car door accident with his. I assumed that was you due to the name and location being the same. AT username was ZestyCJ7 or soemthing like that.

Good luck with it... get the widest axles for that finger release.

I am working on strings for my Alien Z conversion to Nitrous right now. Hope to have that one done in a week or so (when 3D season ends). I will shoot the ShadowCat and Z a bit during hunting season to compare and decide which one will be my primary 3D rig for next year.

Don

Nah, I haven't ever made the trip to Vegas. Through ArcheryTalk I sold someone named Don in Southern California my 1.5 cams I removed from my ShadowCat.... seems like he had a car door accident with his. I assumed that was you due to the name and location being the same. AT username was ZestyCJ7 or soemthing like that.

Good luck with it... get the widest axles for that finger release.

I am working on strings for my Alien Z conversion to Nitrous right now. Hope to have that one done in a week or so (when 3D season ends). I will shoot the ShadowCat and Z a bit during hunting season to compare and decide which one will be my primary 3D rig for next year.
    Ok, that was me that you sold them to. I bought a set from a guy I met at Vegas and those got squashed in my car.
    On AT my user name is Zestycj7.
    Don.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It might be for sale...

Well I have been shooting my Alien Z Nitrous X for a couple months now, and am really liking it equally if not better than my ShadowCat NitrousX, so I am thinking about selling the ShadowCat pictured earlier in this thread.

I am not listing it on ArcheryTalk right away. Not in a big hurry to sell, just making it available in a few places where I know people might appreciate it.

Shoot me a PM if you might be interested.
    Last edited by dgmeadows; 12-19-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: spelling