Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ShadowNos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Friends, i had an awesome idea!

What about a Frankenbow with split limbs?

I had a vision of a ShadowCat with Split limbs and Nitrous Cams. What do you think about that? Do you think this limbpocket could fit? Instead of the Standard Hoyt, PSE or Mathews pocket it seem not to be aligned by a second bolt. The drilling at the shooters side seems to be empty on other pictures.

http://www.ok-archery.de/uploads/pic...rand=681487134

I just had to quote my own post as you did not respond.
    I got the measurements of the OK limb pocket. I need to figure if i can work with this next weekend. Would be an awesome bow...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - the thought of quad limb bows puts me in shock for awhile...

Post Thanks / Like

Reason is that i want different limbs for my bow. I searched through the interweb and came to the conclusion that i'll have to use either some limbs from other companies that get the from Barnsdale anyways or change to Quad limbs.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Martin used to make a split Elite limb.

If you can find a set of those limbs and pockets, I am certain they would work. Unless you have a Roto-cup riser.

You would need a pre 2008 riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post

If you can find a set of those limbs and pockets, I am certain they would work. Unless you have a Roto-cup riser.

Like say an older Slayer riser....hmmmmmm
    '09 Warthog, QAD HD, Sword Centurian, Scott Sabretooth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post

As this thread is about my 2010 ShadowCat to Nitrous conversion...
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    As this thread is about my 2010 ShadowCat to Nitrous conversion...
    Yeah, it's pretty much moot.

You can put NOS cams in any limb that would take the C.A.T. cams, but the Nitro cams are too narrow.

Most people don't realize how difficult it is/was to make a solid limb pocket for split limbs. I just don't see it being feasible with Martin's Roto-cup design.

Post Thanks / Like

Right. And that is why i did a search and came up with the NBA and OK limb pockets for split limbs. Yesterday i got a message about the exact measurements form the OK one so i can see if it will work.

If not.... I will find someone to machine me one of my own design.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, i have two news for you.

(1) i made the limbs today and got them fitting for the Nitrous Cams. Just without spacers. I had to remove around 2mm on each side just to get the cam inside. I do not want to remove any more. Now i need to find spacers to put on the sides of the axle. I have around 0.5" of axle without any spacer on it yet.

(2) i measured the riser where the limb attaches to. I may need to build a custom steel bolt to fit the OK pocket into - but as far as i know i could make the Beiter pocket fit to the ShadowCat riser. Well, i might have to remove some aluminium from the upper riser area.. but... Should be no problem. Now i need to find out if the NBA pocket is a little bit wider. It has the same design as the OK pocket. If it is 1/4" wider at the base i could make it fit without additional work.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, if you can't find better, you can cut spacers out of a plastic bottle - the material is thin and tough enough for this job i think. Every good machinist could make you the needed bolts, just take the parts with you to try the ready bolts - in case they need some extra work. I'd like to know how is your project developing, so keep up with your posts.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows