Thread: New recurve bow owner needs help

Unregistered

Default New recurve bow owner needs help

I just recently bought a martin mamba recurve bow. I am having trouble stringing it and had a couple quick questions. My mamba looks different from the one shown on the website, the one of the website has the string notches pointing up and down from the arrow rest whereas on mine they point behind the arrow rest. Is this just a different model of mamba and if not do i need to have it put on a bowpress or anything? everytime i have seen someone using a bow string on videos i have looked up no one has their string notches pointing the same way mine are so its very confusing. Any advice on helping to get my bow properly strung would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't understand, how about you to register and post some detailed photos? Do you have any experience with archery? The recurve bows must be bent and stringed in direction opposite to the logical
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recurve string notches

Pick up your unstrung bow, while holding the hand grip, the limb tip will be pointing away from you, just as the photo shows on Martin's website. I don't know what type of string you have, but a normal recurve string has one smaller loop and one larger. Put the larger loop on the upper linb, but not in string notch, slide it down the limb ( thats why its larger ) until you can slip the small loop onto the lower limb notch, now connect your bow stringer, put your foot on it and pull up, now slide the larger loop back up the limb until you can get it on the notch. Now your bow is strung. That help?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade