Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have an STS on their Saber?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone have an STS on their Saber?

I was thinking of buying the one for sale on Martins site. Any Pros/Cons to this STS is there an after market better for the same price or less?

One other question is any shoot with an Octane Tripwire Rest? Pros/Cons please.

Thanks for your help.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    27" DL 62# DW 7"BH 32.25"ATA
    Limbsaver Elite Prism 5 Pin Sight
    NAP Apache, Tru-Ball Rack Master Pro Release
    Harvest Time Archery HT-2 28" with FOB's and Grim Reaper BH
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    I was thinking of buying the one for sale on Martins site. Any Pros/Cons to this STS is there an after market better for the same price or less?

One other question is any shoot with an Octane Tripwire Rest? Pros/Cons please.

Thanks for your help.

Will
    I bought my STS at my Martin pro shop. It only cost $19.99 and it is an excellent add on. No cons for me. As for the Octane I hear good things but never shot one. What I usually do is a google search on Octane Tripwire rest review. That will give you over all review of the product. Then also wait and see if any one on here can add to it.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch,

I had been wanting an STS for a while and the nearest Martins dealer for me is a long ways from me so it will have to be Martins website for me, but nice savings bro.

I have done searches but all I get are new product reviews. I was looking for one that has been working for a while, you know broke in. Thanks for the info though.

Will
    08' Martin Saber
    Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. Gen 27:3 NKJV

Post Thanks / Like

i have martin sts on all my bows, they do the job!
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rottzilla View Post
    I have done searches but all I get are new product reviews. I was looking for one that has been working for a while, you know broke in. Thanks for the info though.

Will
    Archerytalk is another forum you can join. Post the same question and you will get an answer in minutes. Unless someone here answers first.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

As far as i know the Martin STS is a good one, the same with the Limbsaver. Or you cam make a string stopper yourself, it's quite easy.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this product directly from the Martin website and it would not fit in the pre-drilled hole. I think this was because there was some camo paint that was sprayed in there when the bow was painted but I had to drill several times with a similar sized drill bit to get it in, yet be very careful not to drill through to the stabilizer hole. I have my bow set a 70# and this thing was 1/4 inch too long even with it in all the way. I had to cut it with a hack saw. Now that it is finally in there, it is not ever going to come out. The hole is just too tight. One would think that Martin would have sent some instructions with it on how to install this thing. Now that I have done it, I would recommend simply sanding down the end of the rod that goes in the hole. Also if your bow is set at 55# you will need to keep the rod at full length, but if it is at 70#, you will definitely need to cut it with a hack saw.
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deerslayer82 View Post
    I bought this product directly from the Martin website and it would not fit in the pre-drilled hole. I think this was because there was some camo paint that was sprayed in there when the bow was painted but I had to drill several times with a similar sized drill bit to get it in, yet be very careful not to drill through to the stabilizer hole. I have my bow set a 70# and this thing was 1/4 inch too long even with it in all the way. I had to cut it with a hack saw. Now that it is finally in there, it is not ever going to come out. The hole is just too tight. One would think that Martin would have sent some instructions with it on how to install this thing. Now that I have done it, I would recommend simply sanding down the end of the rod that goes in the hole. Also if your bow is set at 55# you will need to keep the rod at full length, but if it is at 70#, you will definitely need to cut it with a hack saw.
    Thanks for the info I will take all the advise I can get, how do you like it? Is it any quieter? Does it cause any vibration?

Thanks Will
    08' Martin Saber

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not really

I have not noticed any difference with the STS installed.
    Martin Saber 2010
    Whisker Biscuit
    Eliminator Pro sight
    283 fps 372gr

Post Thanks / Like

ihave the sts on my 2010 bengal.the shop did the install,i watched them do it and realy it went in fine.im set at 73#