Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ShadowCat has bad Vibration

pdoghunter

Default ShadowCat has bad Vibration

I have a 2005 Shadow Cat with Nitrous X cams, and shoot tru cables. 29" draw, 52 lbs., 40-60lb model, Goldtip Xt Hunters 5575, 100 grain tips, 30" arrows, Bodoodle Rest, Impact Archery Cosmic sight. This is a real tack driver for a bow, but it vibrates really, really bad. I bought it new in April of 2006. Didn't vibrate for the first month or so, then started and my proshop can't figure it out. Any suggestions? I forgot to mention that I have Batwings on the string, I have a Limb Savers s-coil, and a Specialty Archery stabilizer. We have done everything but put new strings and cables on. The bow has about 500 arrows through it.

pdoghunter

Anyone?????

martinslayer2004

are the strings factory? if so get rid of them they are junk all factory made strings are junk. when i get a new bow thats the first thing that goes on new strings and cables. i think you will see a great improvement. Also Sims S-coil? stabilizer or you talking about limbsavers because you need to get a pair of them and put on your limbs. Also make sure that everything is tight on your bow sights, arrow rest, everything. same my father has a 2005 shadowcat and it doesn't have any problem of course they have new strings and cables but that thing is decked out with V.E.M. and vibration silencers so thats crazy that it has a lot of vibration change the strings and cables and i think you will see a whole new bow

martinslayer2004

also the batwings i would take them off one you had to tie them in you lose speed that way...also they dont take that much vibration out.... but thats me hope this helps to get your bow back into recovery

Post Thanks / Like

What rings a bell for me is that the bow has changed over a short time span and relatively few shots. I would guess that your string and crept and the cams are slightly over rotated, necessitating twisting the string to bring the cams back to optimum position. Also check for the possibility that one cable has crept more than the other and the cams are out of sync.

pdoghunter

Slayer,
    Sorry my bad. I meant to say I have the Limb Savers, and the Sims s-coil. I think that I am going to get a new string and cables. What brand would you recommend? I really like the bow and spending money for a good set is what I plan to do.

WR_Orion

Check ProString.com

They make an awesome set of strings for a really reasonable price.

martinslayer2004

well i have winner's choice on my bow now but i have a friend that makes a good set of strings i might try his but i am really happy with winner's choice

martinslayer2004

i tried a S-coil on my hunting bow and i changed it for something a little bigger i like my stablizers to be about 7-8inches on my target bow i have a 12inch stablizer. so you might want to look into a little better stablizer but if you like the stablizer then keep it. but i think you will see a big difference once you get a new set of strings/cables.

olehemlock

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher
    What rings a bell for me is that the bow has changed over a short time span and relatively few shots. I would guess that your string and crept and the cams are slightly over rotated, necessitating twisting the string to bring the cams back to optimum position. Also check for the possibility that one cable has crept more than the other and the cams are out of sync.
    I agree, need to add some twist to the string. When you get the cams back to proper rotation make a reference mark with the limb so you can tell if something has changed.