Thread: slayer with a ripcord problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default slayer with a ripcord problem

Final decided to mount the Ripcord back on the Slayer . Got it timed but it wont drop every time. When it doesn't drop the cord is slack after the shot, but you give it a slight tug it drops. It works by hand. Could I have my attachment point be to low causingthe string to bind. First time using the rest since it had a run in with a fob, that was all my fault.Got in a hurry and didn't have timing right.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, did the fob incident do any damage to your ripcord?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Might have bent something just enough to cause that type of problem
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

SonnyThomas

Default slayer with a ripcord problem

Tell me you didn't take the RC apart.

Post Thanks / Like

Have had it apart several times to change out the drop cord. Like to have it match my strings. I also have replaced several spring for friends . Never have had a problem till now . It works if you lock the arm up and use your hand to operate the cord. Have marked the cord at full draw and when it doesn't drop the mark is right at the edge of the housing. Pull the cord again ,by hand, and it will drop. I'm kinda thinking maybe the FOB too , but I've smacked the old rest several times(QAD Hunter). Don't know what is wrong . Keep thinking it might be a timing/ location of my football clamp.

Have an e-mail of to Ripcord . Maybe they might have some more in sight.

Thanks guys .
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys think I got it figured out . Moved the attachment point up about a 3/8" and it seems to be back in business.

Might get brave tommorow and start with the FOBS again.
    '08 Firecat a righty
    '06 Slayer a lefty
    "97 High Country Protec

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I confess. I took my RP apart because the drop cord had been cut too short to fit my new bow. Only cord I had around is some BCY loop material.

So, when I put it back together, it will drop fine but it won't lock in the up position. When I put it back together I put the small spring (The one that came out of nowhere when I took it apart) in the cut out, then put the spring in the slot in the cover so that about a 1/4 turn brought the allen screw holes in line.

Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    OK, I confess. I took my RP apart because the drop cord had been cut too short to fit my new bow. Only cord I had around is some BCY loop material.

So, when I put it back together, it will drop fine but it won't lock in the up position. When I put it back together I put the small spring (The one that came out of nowhere when I took it apart) in the cut out, then put the spring in the slot in the cover so that about a 1/4 turn brought the allen screw holes in line.

Any ideas?
    The little square brass piece that the cord goes through and sits on top of the little spring, may be in upside down. The hole the cord goes through is offset and if you put that in upside down it will not lock in the up position.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

If I understand it right, you're saying the small spring is UNDER the small brass square the cord goes through?

Thanks for helping me out on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    If I understand it right, you're saying the small spring is UNDER the small brass square the cord goes through?

Thanks for helping me out on this.
    yep, it goes under the brass fitting.

Advantage Custom Strings