Thread: my sons bow

robert896c

Unhappy my sons bow

i have jaguar it has i think it is a dyna cam on the bottom and a round cam on top can i replace the round one with a dyna cam and will it get any faster and if not how can i make it faster HELP

Post Thanks / Like

No you can't replace the idler wheel with another Dynacam. What you have is a single cam bow.

You could possibly build a dual cam bow using the Nitrous cams but it would be very costly. You'd need the cams and rigging, plus almost certainly new limbs as the weight range of the limbs would not be compatable. All told, you're talking the price of a new bow.

hatchmandude

my jag shoots as hard and fast if not faster than alot of the more expensive brands out there and when shooting good id put it to the test with the best of them. Sounds to me like you need a crossbow!

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,

I notice this is your son's bow, right? Be more specific about how it's set up. Bow weight and draw length. What arrows and what length are they? What all is on the string.

Assuming a consistent draw weight and length there are a couple of options to gain speed. Try figuring out the arrow's total weight and keep it close to 5 gr/lb of draw weight.

I asked what all is on the string. Many people have so much junk on their strings they strip their bows of 20 fps or more by having unnecessary "crutches" on the string. Things like a kisser button and peep---you don't need both. A peep with a rubber tube slows the bow down about 8 fps. Without the tube it's about 2-3 fps.

What string silencers are being used and how far from the cam(s) are they? The closer to the cams the faster the bow will be. This is a balancing act between quiet and fast. You have to play with it.

There are a lot of other tricks, but keeping arrow weight to a minimum is the biggest part. Post the info and we'll go from there.

Bubba101st

I have a Jaguar and is shoots great. I was stacking 6 arrows in a 1.5" group at 20 yards the other night. No it's not the fastest and I am only shooting 62# but it works for me.