Thread: Bow Recommendation

Siberian Husky

Default Bow Recommendation

Haven't shot since I was a kid...now 68yrs, 65"ht about 150lbs...I'm thinking of starting up again...how about a bow recommendation....#, size..I have a little Carpal Tunnel problem in both wrists..love the looks of the Dreamcatcher..too much bow for me?? How about some advice from your professionals/gentelmen to a older fellow novice...I would appreciate your expertise. Thank You!

kbaird83

i bough a martin bengal last year and it is a great bow. he only complaint i have is i wish it was bit faster, but for hunting its a great set up. its light at 3.5lbs, smooth to draw and very easy to hold. mine is adjustable from 45lbs-60lbs so there should be a weight in there that works well for you. its accurate and forgiving with a 7.5 inch brace height. i am confident enough to take a shot on a calm whitetail at 40 yards and practice with shots out to 80. nows the time to buy a '10 model i got my 09 last january for 320 bucks roughly 200 dollars less than retail. good luck and hope you enjoy what ever bow you decide on.

Post Thanks / Like

Siberian, you might try posting your question on the "traditional" section of the Forums. I'm sure there's a few traditional guys in here, but I think most of us are "cam heads" lol