Thread: Nitrous Cam rotation

Post Thanks / Like

Question Nitrous Cam rotation

Cougar 3 Nitrous x, B cam. I have a vibration and noise at the end of the power stroke.After two shoot my locknut on the sight is loose. (sureloc Chall.. ).New string and cables ,and cams perfectly time on the draw. 52 draw weight and 295gr arrow,29.5 lenght.Somebody have a picture or a link i can see the perfect cam rotation.There is no Martin dealer here.I'll appreciateif you can help me.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I looked long enough. Now it's time to talk. About the only thing I can think of is that the cams are over rotated. They may be in time OK, but just too much rotation. I have never seen a pic or anything showing where optimum cam position is. I had this very same problem with my 2006 P3. I twisted the string down to remove some of the cam rotation and got the draw length back by relocating the module.

I'm sorry I can't add more. Maybe if you post this on www.archertytalk.com you'll get some more responses.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cam rotation

Thanks bfisher that's help me.I untwist the string and adjust the draw lenght by the moduls.Less vibration .I think to add two limbsaver maybe this will help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lone wolf
    Thanks bfisher that's help me.I untwist the string and adjust the draw lenght by the moduls.Less vibration .I think to add two limbsaver maybe this will help.
    Limb savers can never hurt. Hold on, you got it backwards. You put twists in the string to shorten the draw. Without seeing the bow I wouldn't have any trouble putting at least ten twists in the string. And I'm not saying this is the problem, but it might be.

Couple other things. Take measurements of things before you start. Remember what you did so you can undo if it doesn't work. Twisting the string will reduce the draw weight. Be aware of it.

There may be certain tradeoffs here. And if things really get screwed up just forget my name, please. LOL.