Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cable replacement for 2010 Bengal

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice by these guys. Especially the one about volunteering to help with the shoot. Many people never help because they may not have the time or are just lazy. They may have no idea of the work involved in setting out targets and tearing them down after the shoot. Then there's always need of kitchen help. So many small things. Getting involved gets you on his good side and those of others. You'd be amazed at how many good firends you make.

Hopefully, if you have a club like mine there will be as many as 15 people setting targets and almost as many tearing down. This way it goes quick and nobody has to do a ton of work.

So many times you'll hear people complain about one aspect or another concerning a course. These are generally people who show up at a lot of shoots, have their fun and leave. They never get involved in the work and can't appreciate the efforts of others, but they'll always have something negative to say.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Good advice by these guys. Especially the one about volunteering to help with the shoot. . . .

Hopefully, if you have a club like mine there will be as many as 15 people setting targets and almost as many tearing down. This way it goes quick and nobody has to do a ton of work.

So many times you'll hear people complain about one aspect or another concerning a course. These are generally people who show up at a lot of shoots, have their fun and leave. They never get involved in the work and can't appreciate the efforts of others, but they'll always have something negative to say.
    We were even more than that on Friday to set it up. I had to leave before it was completed but most of the job was done. I'd say it took about 2.5h to set the whole thing up.

Make no mistake, I will always lay a hand whenever I can. This is a great community and I'm a proud member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I have done it both ways. Consider it the same as pulling back your string at 70lbs, it draws the limbs inward. The bow press just pushes it inward at what ever lbs. Yes I do agree that loosening the limb bolts helps. But like I have said a lot of shops do it both ways. So you can suggest it. Also ask him if you can watch him do the work and you can learn while having it done.

HUTCH
    Hutch

Didn't you make another post that you don't have to press the limbs to change the string and cables, just loosen the bolts evenly?
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes but it is much quicker for shops to press and repair. That way they don't mess with the customers draw weight.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch, that makes perfect sense.

Because of your post about being able to do that without a press moved Martin up a notch on my list of bows I'm interested in. I'm a gear/moto head and maintain/modify our race bikes. I can't afford to take them in for every little thing. Bows look pretty simple by comparison and I think I could handle it. It's all the little things I would need to learn that will take time. I might jump into the deep end and buy a bare bow and start the learning process. Trial by fire so to speak.
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Martins have been a solid bow company. They back their bows and make them simple. This forum helps you understand why they are good. We stick together and help one another.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    I might jump into the deep end and buy a bare bow and start the learning process. Trial by fire so to speak.
    Thats pretty much how the rest of us got into achery, we bought a bow, some arrows and started learning, you already have enough intrest to be reading and posting on this board, Go ahead, get you some !
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Elk

If I buy a bare bow, or any bow for that matter, you better not bail out on me when I throw a barrage of newbie questions at y'all.

I go to AT and another forums but this one is laid back and doesn't play I have a secret or my bow is better than your bow.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Elk

If I buy a bare bow, or any bow for that matter, you better not bail out on me when I throw a barrage of newbie questions at y'all.

I go to AT and another forums but this one is laid back and doesn't play I have a secret or my bow is better than your bow.
    Have no fear, always eager to help in any way I can, I doubt that you could ask a question that the guys on this board wouldn't have an answer for. Go on, go get your feet wet, you know that you want a bow.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

No worries, We will always have something to say. sometimes its even helpful So what peaks your intrest...target, 3D , hunting, or all the above..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve