Thread: hi guys.

Hybrid View

thatguy

Default hi guys.

so im new here. havent been lurking at all. found this from the martin website and i thought this was just the ticket. anyway, my name is zach and im in the army stationed in new jersey. thats about it, other than im just getting into bow hunting. which leads into my first question, i bought a martin bow from dicks sporting goods back in 2007 and was wondering what the speed on this thing is. it has the m-pro cams, 60# draw weight and the F-5 module. also, i was wondering what the other anchor points are for the the bottom cam. you know the ones labeled 1, 2, and c. basically wondering about the 1 and 2. anything else you can tell me about this bow would help too, like what the f-5 module is. i never got a mod kit from dicks. and the martin website has little to nothing about the wildcat. thanks in advance for any input you guys have.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum. I am new to archery but like to pass on whatever I can. Some of the others that have more knowledge should be able to help you out more. What I know is that dicks has a different name for the bows, so you have to match specs up with the ones on the Martin website, or find someone who knows that different names given by dicks. This link is from the Martin website for 2007 bows. http://www.martinarchery.com/pdf/2007Specs.pdf the F-5 module for the M-pro appears to be a 29" draw length. I hope this helps.

Dave
    2012 Alien X

Post Thanks / Like

welcome...and thanks for your service to our country.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    so im new here. havent been lurking at all. found this from the martin website and i thought this was just the ticket. anyway, my name is zach and im in the army stationed in new jersey. thats about it, other than im just getting into bow hunting. which leads into my first question, i bought a martin bow from dicks sporting goods back in 2007 and was wondering what the speed on this thing is. it has the m-pro cams, 60# draw weight and the F-5 module. also, i was wondering what the other anchor points are for the the bottom cam. you know the ones labeled 1, 2, and c. basically wondering about the 1 and 2. anything else you can tell me about this bow would help too, like what the f-5 module is. i never got a mod kit from dicks. and the martin website has little to nothing about the wildcat. thanks in advance for any input you guys have.
    The F5 mod on most models that used the M-pro gave a 29" DL and was what most bows were shipped with installed, you should have also gotten a pack containing the rest of the mods 1-7. The other post on the cam were to change the DL in 1/2" increments, I believe the #2 post is what the bows shipped set on and the #1 post will shorten the DL a 1/2". The "C" post is the cable post. Welcome to the site and thank you for your service to our country.

Advantage Custom Strings

thatguy

thanks guys, but one problem. martin customer service told me that it was the equivalent to the jaguar, but im not seeing the jaguar listed as ever having the m-pro cams. i think it was the dyna cams, not exactly sure, but its not the same cams i have. so, with the specs i gave, 60#, 29" draw and all, what kind of speed am i looking at? i know its not blazing fast, i just want to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best guess

I can try to give you an idea of what the bow is capable of, but it will only be approximate, as I'm guessing at some of the spec needed. Guessing that you'd be using a carbon arrow in the ' average' weight range of 8.3 grains per inch, a 100 grn broadhead, and 2" blazers ( cause they're popular ) I figure that you arrow is going to weigh about 405 grn. M-Pro cams genertate about 320 fps on the bows they came on. So near as I can guess is that your bow will shoot your 405 grn arrow at 284 fps and have about 64 KE, or foot pounds of force. Just a ballpark guess. I would also like the thank you for your service to our country.

http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/tools.php
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 01-17-2011 at 10:11 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

thatguy

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    I can try to give you an idea of what the bow is capable of, but it will only be approximate, as I'm guessing at some of the spec needed. Guessing that you'd be using a carbon arrow in the ' average' weight range of 8.3 grains per inch, a 100 grn broadhead, and 2" blazers ( cause they're popular ) I figure that you arrow is going to weigh about 405 grn. M-Pro cams genertate about 320 fps on the bows they came on. So near as I can guess is that your bow will shoot your 405 grn arrow at 284 fps and have about 64 KE, or foot pounds of force. Just a ballpark guess. I would also like the thank you for your service to our country.

http://www.backcountrybowhunting.com/articles/tools.php
    well, you are extremely close on your arrow setup guess, my arrows are cut to 27 inches, and i just weighed them on my scale, theyre 392Gr. so im guessing that will add what, about 2 FPS to that? haha, but thanks. i wasnt really looking for an exact number, and i was guessing 280 anyway.

while im thinking about it, is it normal for a single pin to be able to hold from 5-20M? because mine will. my first pin holds from 5-20, second from 25-35. didnt even set the other 3 yet. i just started shooting this thing again about 6 months ago on and off.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

while im thinking about it, is it normal for a single pin to be able to hold from 5-20M? because mine will. my first pin holds from 5-20, second from 25-35. didnt even set the other 3 yet. i just started shooting this thing again about 6 months ago on and off.
    With the speed your bow is putting out, the first pin should be able to 20yards down to 5. The second in the same manner 10 to 15yards in variance to what your pin is set and so on.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, but one problem. martin customer service told me that it was the equivalent to the jaguar, but im not seeing the jaguar listed as ever having the m-pro cams. i think it was the dyna cams, not exactly sure, but its not the same cams i have. so, with the specs i gave, 60#, 29" draw and all, what kind of speed am i looking at? i know its not blazing fast, i just want to know.
    A little insight on the bow. It is a late 07 Martin jaguar or early 08. The specs are the same as a 07 jaguar. Even know it has mpro cams.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com