Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: String on Saber

GH41L

Default String on Saber

My son got a 2010 Saber for Christmas,it has the green stings on it.He has shot about 500 arrows through it and on the string above the peep has begun to flatten out a little right up to the top pulley.The peep also has started to turn after a few shots. Any help to this problem ? Thanks

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It is not unusual for a string to flatten with the new wider idler wheels. What needs to be done is the string needs to be twisted one turn the same way it is twisted. This will put the string back in a bundle. It also will bring the peep back.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

GH41L

Default String on saber

I took it to an archery shop and they put a few twist in the strings. It bundled back together,but after a few shots at home it flattened out a little but not as bad as before,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GH41L View Post
    I took it to an archery shop and they put a few twist in the strings. It bundled back together,but after a few shots at home it flattened out a little but not as bad as before,
    It still is not twisted enough. I build strings and if there is not enough twists they will lay flat. You can twist it yourself. You don't need a bow press. Just back out the limb bolts equally 2 turns on one 2 turns on the other. Till the string goes limp. Then undo one end and twist it WITH THE TWIST. Approximately 5 twists. Then put the limb bolts back to where they were. If the peep lines back up you are good to go. If not just add one more. We will help you any way we can. Just keep asking and we keep answering.

Hutch

GH41L

Default String on Saber

I did not know that you could back out on the limb bolts enough to take off the string.About how many turns will it take to get the string off ? Thanks for answering my questions . Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GH41L View Post
    I did not know that you could back out on the limb bolts enough to take off the string.About how many turns will it take to get the string off ? Thanks for answering my questions . Greg
    About 11 turns. Here's the trick. The limb bolts thread into steel barrel nuts located near the end of the riser. If you look in from the side you can see the threads of the bolts. When backing off the bolts just watch for some daylight showing through the barel nut. This should happen at about 10 turns.

As you do it you'll see it's pretty straight forward and simple.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    About 11 turns. Here's the trick. The limb bolts thread into steel barrel nuts located near the end of the riser. If you look in from the side you can see the threads of the bolts. When backing off the bolts just watch for some daylight showing through the barel nut. This should happen at about 10 turns.

As you do it you'll see it's pretty straight forward and simple.
    Thanks Barry! for giving GH41L the answer I had to go to bed a get my beauty rest.

Hutch

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Thanks Barry! for giving GH41L the answer I had to go to bed a get my beauty rest.

Hutch
    7:30?????? Me? I'm old and ugly and no amount of sleep is going to change that.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    7:30?????? Me? I'm old and ugly and no amount of sleep is going to change that.
    Try 10:00pm don't know why it shows 7:30pm. But its was later than that. Besides 4:30 am comes too quickly.

HUTCH

Post Thanks / Like

The time shown for posts is the only thing on this board I don't trust. it's 9:11 am as I type this, and what time does it say it was posted?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade