Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadowcat feels soft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shadowcat feels soft

I'm shooting my shadowcat with a carter attraction. when i get to full draw and then pull throug,h that last little bit feels soft, kind of spongy. I'm wondering if I should move the draw stop a bit. I did have it set at 28 but that felt long. Moved it to 27 inches and that felt too short. So i wound up at 27.5.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess your draw stop is not tightend or just a tad too long. I shot my Cat two days ago the first time for 4 months and forgot to tighten the draw stop. The frist two arrows it felt too soft. After adjusting it everything was good.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

SonnyThomas

Carlso, everytime you move the mods you should reset the draw stop. That's the way I'm reading what you have. Properly set and you have one of the hardest walls on any bow produceds.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks sonny.

Post Thanks / Like

Without reading all of Carlos' posts I wonder if the cams could be out of sync just a bit.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

SonnyThomas

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Without reading all of Carlos' posts I wonder if the cams could be out of sync just a bit.
    A possibility.

Carlso?

Post Thanks / Like

could be but just eyeballing them they look ok to me.
    have to remember i'm an old guy new to this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Cams out of time would give him a bump just before the valley. He should be able to feel it if the cams are so much out of time that the drawstop becomes useless.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

SonnyThomas

Carlso, if some of the "old guys" felt as old as you we'd have to sign early so we could get to shoot.

Don't' know who's helping ya, but I back off the draw stop and bring the bow to full draw, watching which cam/mod touches the string first. If one is slow, twist one cable or untwist the other so both touch at the same time. Full draw, cables down in the mod grooves as they should be, slide the draw stop to the limb and tighten. Let down, back off the draw stop a hair, tighten and put on the rubber cap and you're good to go. You're at 80% letoff.

Me being me, I don't back off the draw stop. Just slip on the rubber cap and go at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Something i would always consider is:

The Cam produces a tad more speed and feels softer if the topd Cam is a bit faster than the bottom Cam. I want to say that the bottom cam should touch the module a little bit before the top Cam. In my experience this will enhance the efficiency a bit and improve the arrow flight a bit. At least with a steel blade rest and long draw.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL