Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Bows Have 14" Limbs?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Jaguar with 14" limbs...

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like the updated version isn't as good as the old version if I am reading BFisher's post correctly.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    It sounds like the updated version isn't as good as the old version if I am reading BFisher's post correctly.
    You're not following me. My comparison was between the Cat/Cat2/Nitro cams and the single cam versions. Comparing the 3 versions of the binary cams you won't notice much difference between them. They are different, but it's not so much a matter of efficiency as just slight design differences to address issues such as cam lean and make them compatable with the different limb designs.

The comparison I wrote above is to give an idea of what to expect when comparing the binary cam to the single cam versions. Even then it's not a matter of a difference in efficiency as much as the draw characteristics of the two cams. The single cam is not as aggressive and that is why it draws easier for a given draw weight.

The things is, in archery, a more aggressive cam is always faster at a given draw weight due to the fact that the archer has to put more work into the draw. In other words, more energy put into the bow equals more energy out.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm on board now. You even had it all spelled out and I didn't catch that. I thought you were comparing dual cams. I totally understand now that I know you are comparing dual cam to single cam. Thanks!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Barry.

Post Thanks / Like

Barry

So what your saying is a 60# Firecat 400 shoots about the same speeds as a 68# Firecat 360? Now you have given me even more things to consider.
    Firecat 400