Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rytera Archery

Post Thanks / Like

OK, this just in!!!!!!!!!! Rytera bows for 2011 will have Martin limbs. You'll be able to verify this by looking at the defletion number near the limb bolt. They should be marked with a number and two letters; something like 3HL. If you get one with 3 numbers such as 135, 155 or so they'll be Barnesdales. In other words, the web page is not correct.

whman, I haven't heard about many limb problems on the 2011 bows, but then there aren't too many around being shot yet. Most of the past problems were with 2009 limbs. Hopefully these new ones will hold up longer, but keep an eye out over on AT to see if there gets to be complaints about them.

If you join the Alien Mafia there gets to be some information passed down from JRH60. He says that the new limbs are holding their own so far.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    OK, this just in!!!!!!!!!! Rytera bows for 2011 will have Martin limbs. You'll be able to verify this by looking at the defletion number near the limb bolt. They should be marked with a number and two letters; something like 3HL. If you get one with 3 numbers such as 135, 155 or so they'll be Barnesdales. In other words, the web page is not correct.

whman, I haven't heard about many limb problems on the 2011 bows, but then there aren't too many around being shot yet. Most of the past problems were with 2009 limbs. Hopefully these new ones will hold up longer, but keep an eye out over on AT to see if there gets to be complaints about them.

If you join the Alien Mafia there gets to be some information passed down from JRH60. He says that the new limbs are holding their own so far.
    That would be me, different user name on this site. JWT is the guy that got the approval from Terry Martin to start that little social group, which is now the largest social group on AT. We both worked part time at the same shop for a number of years before they retired and closed up. Then when I opened my shop, he came in and helped out in his spare time. There is a lot of good information posted in that group, but you have to contact JWT via pm on AT in order to get in, as it is a closed door group.
    Jim

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

So now I know who you are. Glad you're here, Jim. Remember we went back and forth about the registration problem? Well, it seems they opened it up again, except that they site hasn't been upgraded, modified, or whatever you want to call it. Have you noticed the spam we're been getting lately? This is why registration was closed. You can also see the frustration some are having with Martin's reluctance to get this taken care of.

Barry
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, I have noticed the amount of spam here and did report a couple, I also saw today over on AT, a thread started about the spam on that site also, never really noticed it much there, but the traffic is so heavy there that threads go to the next page in minutes and they have a lot more mods over there to patrol that site.
    Hopefully Terry will see fit to do an upgrade here soon to get rid of some of the problems. Very nice informative site even with the spam.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Alex, I haven't seen a Seeker, but it's possible the bow was noisy and had vibration because the cams weren't timed properly.
    It's possible, Barry. The video was from the ATA show and if they have changed the specs for the different visitors...
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Barry, I have noticed the amount of spam here and did report a couple, I also saw today over on AT, a thread started about the spam on that site also, never really noticed it much there, but the traffic is so heavy there that threads go to the next page in minutes and they have a lot more mods over there to patrol that site.
    Hopefully Terry will see fit to do an upgrade here soon to get rid of some of the problems. Very nice informative site even with the spam.
    Spam at AT is removed within minutes or prohibited by Spam keyword protection. A future that is not compatible with this boards version.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Default % Let off

Archerx 7, I bought an Nemesis last year form a dealer on AT, I am also a member of the Alien Mafia. I looked at Rytera site and cannot find the % let off it has. I love this bow, took four deer this year with it, as well as shooting 3-d with it. I shot one before I bought it and never thought about the let off, it just shot so smooth that I had to have one Regardless of what it is I will not sell it. LOVE this bow, I have shot Martin bows for over 30 years now and don't se any reason to change now, great bows.
    Last edited by martin hunter; 01-22-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let off is 80% if the draw stop is set so that at full draw the cables bottom out in the modules. You can make the let off and draw length whatever you want by adjusting the draw stop/modules.

Post Thanks / Like

MartinHunter, what part of Ohio are you from ? I'm in Tuscarawas Co. small world here.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply Spiker

I'm in Richland county, Mansfield.