Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rytera Archery

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have BCY materials but haven't expanded to all the colors yet (pink/purple). I just went out today to price all the materials I need to make my new string jig. Hopefully I will have that done soon. Than work on the set up in the shop and maybe place an order for string material.

But Barry if it is pink and purple its pink and purple. We won't hold it against you.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

The looks of the new Seeker are going to definitely take some getting used to, but I like the features on it.
    I'd guess that it's going to be Martin's highest priced bow(other that the Shadowcat).
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen a YouTube video of the Seeker and am not impressed by its performance - it was loud and looked like with a lot of handshock. May be it's just because of the shooter, by i've expected more from this bow.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default new cam too

Did you notice that it has a new Cam as well, the Pulse Pro? I wonder what difference it is from the Hybrix and if the Hybrix will be replaced on the other three models for 2011?
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Hi bfisher,
    I did a search on the Rytera Catalog for 2011 and couldn't find it, Mr. Fisher. I'm going to be purchasing a new bow (again, soon) and would like to look their new line over. Would you be able to provide the link?
    Thanks much in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whman View Post
    Hi bfisher,
    I did a search on the Rytera Catalog for 2011 and couldn't find it, Mr. Fisher. I'm going to be purchasing a new bow (again, soon) and would like to look their new line over. Would you be able to provide the link?
    Thanks much in advance!
    Well, I'm not bfisher, but here's the link: http://www.rytera.com/2011/index.html
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that Brad. I don't know why it's hard to look them over. It's right there on the website. Oh well.

On answer to a few questions. The Alien bows will have the Hybrix cams again this year as standard equipment. I would imagine the Pulse Pro cam could be ordered on them, but if anybody has this idea it would be best to contact Joel and see what all the options are such as draw length and such.

I noticed something else on the website and need to verify it, but it won't change my order. The descriptions of the Rytera bows say they come with 5 layer laminated limbs which I would assume are Barnesdale. I'm going to bet this has been changed since the website was designed. Bet they have the solid limbs.

Alex, I haven't seen a Seeker, but it's possible the bow was noisy and had vibration because the cams weren't timed properly.

Brem, it's just an educated guess but the Pulse Pro seems to be more oval shaped so depending on how the module is configured I'm thinking it will be smoother drawing.

whman, please don't call me Mr. Fisher. My first name is Barry and that's what everybody here calls me. Of course, off-line they may call me some other names, but hey, we're all internet friends.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Barry,
    Thats a good observation not to say that the Hybrix is not smooth(definately smoother than the CAT Cam) I have had Cam problems unfortunately having had the top cam crack through in the spoke twice now. My AX is back in Walla Wall land again and have no idea on when it shall return(dealer sent it in on 1/12 so 9 days and counting) Maybe it will come home with this new cam?
    2010 Alien X
    29"/70#
    353gr GT Velocity XT 400 @ 320fps
    370gr GT Velocity Hunter 300 @ 315fps
    Tru-Fire Hurricane Release
    NAP Apache Rest
    Black Gold AMP 3 pin sight
    Limbsaver stabilizer
    G5 Montec

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Barry and Arrowsplitter. I appreciate the link and will look the Rytera line over before making any purchase. My only real concern with the Martin line (and Rytera) are the many broken limbs over the last year or so. Guess it doesn't need to be said that "no limb, no bow", and none of us like having to send equipment back for repairs. Would either of you know whether the Rytera's have a better limb track record?
    Again, thanks for your knowledgeable help.

Post Thanks / Like

I myself have not heard of many issues with Rytera. Also, the 2010 limbs are solid, and there hasn't been many problems with them either.
    I hope this helps.