Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The new 2011 limbs

Post Thanks / Like

That sorta sucks. Get a new bow and have to have the area re-served? I doubt many dealers will be doing that as they sell the bow.

Are there different sized nocks if you are starting from scratch.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Nock fit is based on 2 things, serving size and the nocks themselves. On the same size center serving its very possable to have certain nock brands fit loose and others tight and yet another brand fit perfect.
    Some people will opt to change the center serving size to fit the nocks they use/prefer and others will just switch to a different nock.
    The stock center serving on the Hammerhead strings work very well with the standard nocks found on Victory arrows while the nocks on some of the Easton's fit tight.

Advantage Custom Strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Nock fit is based on 2 things, serving size and the nocks themselves. On the same size center serving its very possable to have certain nock brands fit loose and others tight and yet another brand fit perfect.
    Some people will opt to change the center serving size to fit the nocks they use/prefer and others will just switch to a different nock.
    The stock center serving on the Hammerhead strings work very well with the standard nocks found on Victory arrows while the nocks on some of the Easton's fit tight.
    Well said well said, it all depends in preference. Most will change the center serving, cost is more effective.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mln

I kinda cheat when it comes to making the nocks fit. I have reserved in extreme cases, but if it's close, I'll wrap some 180 grit paper tight around the string, not around the serving, and nock/denock the arrow on the paper until it's a good fit on the serving. It takes a little time, but seems to works better than other methods I've heard of. Some heat a nail and put their nocks on that, etc. My method seems to keep the nock groove centered. It gives me something to do while I'm frying my brain watching TV. lol

archerX The Victory arrows I'm using didn't fit very well. I'm using the VAP's with pin nocks. They needed to be "opened up" a bit for a decent fit on the Hammerhead strings.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 01-23-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=
    archerX The Victory arrows I'm using didn't fit very well. I'm using the VAP's with pin nocks. They needed to be "opened up" a bit for a decent fit on the Hammerhead strings.[/QUOTE]

The pin nocks are a bit tighter than the standard nocks found on the Vforce shafts, Bohning blazer nocks I think.

Advantage Custom Strings