Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, now what BT release showed up

Post Thanks / Like

Default hummm thinking...

here is what i came up with. Took an old string apart, left one end loop that was served, so i could make a loop around bungie between Large D loop. once I had that, tied it for a short loop. then twised the bundle of string back together. I served about 3/4" some 22" inches up the string making my self a Y cable type draw stop. I wraped the legs the Y around the handle top & bottom. had plenty of length on each leg.. now hows my form...hahahhaha..lol feals prety good thou Iam still looking for that new ancor pt....
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    I may be stupid, but not insane. Regardless, once you get the hang of bt release they are pretty safe - wouldn't want some of the my friends around me though. They call ya on the cell phone when on the verge of shooting, lickin' ya in the ear. I use the word "friends" loosely. Great bunch of guys, but dang, they'll take your stabilizer, take your arrows, hide your bow and call out a your 10 as a miss.... Suckers turnt the lights out on the indoor range when I was about to shoot.
    sounds like they're trying to tell you somethin' ol' timer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    If you are refering to me, one of them is my son, and the other one certainly knows I was pulling his leg, at least I would hope that he does.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

SonnyThomas

Default Ok, now what BT release showed up

Mercy. 68 is old geezer and headin' for 62 is ole timer.

SonnyThomas

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSlayer View Post
    Now thats not very friendly, doubt they would like it when i got my stabilizer back had a buddy think it funny to unhinge your knee from behind @ your shot..only did it once to me lol
    We go into local 3D shoots knowing any one of us are going to mess with someone. Comes down to competition and we get serious.

SonnyThomas

When getting into back tension releases you may have to reset peep location and/or draw length. Below are the 3 I use. Presently my Shadowcat is set for the TRU Ball ST360, upper left. My Stanislawski, upper right, needs the draw length shortened at least 1/4" - note no thumb barrel, not even a place for one. My Stanislawski Deuce, red, needs the peep raised some or I have lean my head over quite a bit. Here, the Deuce is said to be a faster bt release and if set just so-so just easying up to let the fingers equalize will fire it.
    Again, the draw elbow has to be in line with the power stroke of the string. You if let the elbow out and or down it's really hard to get back tension to work and if anything trying harder pulls you out of shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    If you are refering to me, one of them is my son, and the other one certainly knows I was pulling his leg, at least I would hope that he does.
    naw...i was talkin' about the illinois flash aka sonny.

SonnyThomas

illinois flash aka sonny.
    >>>----------> Yep, that's me, ole straight shooter....Well, sort of.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New Improvements

I beleave things are comming along. but what do I know..lol
    I made one last change to my trainer, well a few ajustments have been made. After the adidition of string stop.
    1st was to cover it, used long length of fishing lure wire covers. sm dia orange is like a rubber snubber. The yellow (2 short ones) has no strech, its more like a straw.
    2nd was to repalce long D loop for a shorter one.
    have to live with the string wraped/tied to handle. If i was to makea 2nd I would 1. drill holes in the handle 2. make large end loops that hook over handle. just like your bows axle . I may try this a bit later. Now My son says," We can sell that"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-23-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonnyThomas View Post
    When getting into back tension releases you may have to reset peep location and/or draw length..
    Well thats not a problum. How is it switching between the 3 releases.. I hope to keep using my other wrist strap release as well but shoot it BT style. not worried about it messing with my finger tab...lol
    Darton Fury recurve