Thread: Thinking of going from 2008 Moab to 2011 Firecat 360 - Any thoughts?

raeman

Default Thinking of going from 2008 Moab to 2011 Firecat 360 - Any thoughts?

I have been shooting a 08 Moab & have been very happy with it. Stopped by my local dealer for something else & he just happened to be unpacking a 2011 Firecat 360 in the skulz camo. Now I think I need a new bow. I will probably go order my lefty today.

I know it's new, but wondering if anyone has been shooting one?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are the same bow just with some new features. I'd take the Firecat 400 or the Onza 3 if i was you - the hybrid cams will give you some more speed and you already have a single cam bow.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, they are the same bow just with some new features. I'd take the Firecat 400 or the Onza 3 if i was you - the hybrid cams will give you some more speed and you already have a single cam bow.

I agree with alex its the same bow with little changes. Try a Firecat 400 you will be surprised. The speed and the smoothness. The new hybrid cams are easy to maintain.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

raeman

Default Thanks for the input

I will try out both the 360 & 400.

My neck and shoulders are pretty jacked up and at the time the Moab one cam system was the smoothest. I should clarify: smoothest during the draw cycle for me.

As always it will come down to feel.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raeman View Post
    I will try out both the 360 & 400.

My neck and shoulders are pretty jacked up and at the time the Moab one cam system was the smoothest. I should clarify: smoothest during the draw cycle for me.

As always it will come down to feel.

Thanks again.
    Keep in mind that if you do NOT need more speed you can get a FireCat 400 with less max draw weight while getting the same speed out of it compared to your current bow. This is great if you struggle with neck and shoulder problems.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget about the Silencer too. It's a less fancy riser version of the Firecat 400. Everything else is the same, except the Silencer is .2 pounds lighter as well. And costs less.