Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 exile limbs

Unregistered

Default 2011 exile limbs

i bought the exile in the middle of nov and it did good for me for a while. I had it in the basement for a couple weeks and i went down to shoot it and i noticed a hard lean to the right in the top cam. You can see were the string runs from the top cam to the trg system is rubbing against the side of the cam really bad and it seems to had twisted. I dropped it off at the shop to retune it but any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

If possible ask your shop to measure strings and cables and let them check if they are on spec. Let them also check the axle and cam.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i bought the exile in the middle of nov and it did good for me for a while. I had it in the basement for a couple weeks and i went down to shoot it and i noticed a hard lean to the right in the top cam.
    Are you saying that after being in your basement for a couple of weeks that the limbs twisted? If so, its gonna need more than a retune, more like limb replacement. It should have been just like it was the last time you shot it. Again if your limbs have twisted, your dealer should have no trouble in getting replacements limbs, just have the dealer call Martin CS. Hope your Exile is up and shooting soon.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe one side of the yoke stretched? More of a possability than the limbs twisting I would think. The bow wasn't hung up near a heat source like a furnace or water heater was it?

Advantage Custom Strings

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Maybe one side of the yoke stretched? More of a possability than the limbs twisting I would think. The bow wasn't hung up near a heat source like a furnace or water heater was it?
    I agree stretched yoke. More so than the limbs.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious, but couldn't a cold damp basement cause string stretch as well? Part of the reason for waxing a string is to prevent moisture, so I'm thinking a high humidity area, like most basements, would be a bad place to store a bow.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Just curious, but couldn't a cold damp basement cause string stretch as well? Part of the reason for waxing a string is to prevent moisture, so I'm thinking a high humidity area, like most basements, would be a bad place to store a bow.
    True, but being that it is a new bow and a new string. The new string is comes heavily waxed from BCY. It is more likely to be a poorly built yoke. When I make strings the string material is heavily wax enough that we burnish them to remove some wax.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I would just back off the limb bolts and adjust the yoke to remove all lean in the idler then shoot the bow some and see if it changes again.
    If not your probably good to go. If it does change again then get the strings replaced.

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch, good point. Maybe next time, I'll put my thinking cap on before speaking. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Aren't these string 100% synthetic? I can't see humidity causing grief with one.
    Firecat 400