Thread: WOW!!! 2010 Bengal....

Post Thanks / Like

Default WOW!!! 2010 Bengal....

Well I finally got to get to the Pro Shop to have it set up after purchasing it two weeks ago. Set up with Tru-Glo 5 pin sight, QAD Hunter Drop Away, STS, 28dl, 65#, 29 inch Bone Collector arrows with blazers, and loop. For now no stabilizer and only two small rubber silencers in the strings. No hand vibration and very quiet. Only 10 yrd testing, first 5 arrows within 5 inch circle adjusted the pin and last 3 in a 2 inch circle with a robinhood. Sure beats the heck out of the old ThunderFlite. No regerets on this purchase. Would definitely reccomend it. Thanks to Hutch and Elkslayer for all their help.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now the fun begins! Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

then go an shoot some more ..do you have a home range ? nothing like wasting away a summer night arrow hawking your buddies arrows... One sujestion thou..dont play this game with a better archer then your self gets spendy fast..just ask my brother in law fact is he started it....lol
    Last edited by ElkSlayer; 01-22-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spacing
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, sounds like my 2010 Bengal. I went to a 3D shoot last weekend and I finished with a best score of 136 (out of 150). Well, that's only 6 points behind someone in my group with a bow that cost more than twice my Bengal. It is also worth noting that she has way more experience than I do and she had all the target shooting apparatus while I was shooting with my hunting setup.

On top of that, I can work on this bow since it doesn't require a bow press. I hope you feel the same way I do about your purchase. When I look at what I was going to buy instead, I'm extremely glad I chose the Bengal.

Congrats, mate. You've got yourself hours of great entertainment.

SG

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It just goes to show that the martin team is the extreme! : cool:

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

@ SG you're one of the others that convinced me to get the Bengal and am glad I listened. It's so much better than the old out of date PSE that night and day can't even describe it. Definitely plan on doing alot more shooting now the weight is turned down and I don't get so fatigued holding the heavy weights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimr View Post
    @ SG you're one of the others that convinced me to get the Bengal and am glad I listened. It's so much better than the old out of date PSE that night and day can't even describe it. Definitely plan on doing alot more shooting now the weight is turned down and I don't get so fatigued holding the heavy weights.
    Oh, I'm glad I could influence. I went to try my old bow today (1986? American Archery - Panther). OMG, I can't believe how inaccurate I was! All over the place at 20 yards.

If there was one thing I'd say that could be better is how it stays leveled when I draw. It often needs to be righted before I can shoot. I figured it out when my shots had a tendency to be left or right of the target. Then I know my bow was leaning one way or the other. So, it will be one thing to add to my ritual.

Hey, did you get the green string?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stéphane View Post

If there was one thing I'd say that could be better is how it stays leveled when I draw. It often needs to be righted before I can shoot. I figured it out when my shots had a tendency to be left or right of the target. Then I know my bow was leaning one way or the other.
    This is why sights have bubble levels on them. And parttimr, you're welcome, glad I could be of some help.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 01-23-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

@ SG yes I did it is the green with a black stripe running thru it and went to a tubeless peep, will know how that goes after 100-150 shots if I need to make adjustments...and my sight has a bubble that helps tremendously on leveling prior to the shot.