Thread: Fall away rests

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fall away rests

Something I just noticed playing around with a spare Trophy Taker Full containment rest I have is, when the rest is pulled all they way back to the "up" position, the fork is actually lower than it is if it's drawn back to just under "full up" position. This would mean, if you have it set to be all the way back ( "up" ) at full draw, when you shoot, it is actually going to push your arrow up slightly on the shot. The rest breaks over full vertical of it's pivot point, causing it to drop back down just a hair if set the way the manufacturer recommends. This sound like a bad idea to anyone else? Anyone notice this same thing happening on other rests? Just wanted some input. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any TT Full containment rests, but I can see where that might cause some minor tuning issues. The stop on the original TT's was placed where it would stop the launcher before it came to a full vertical position.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I had 2 bows with the same rest. I didn't notice it until I sold one and was reserving the pullcord for the new owners drawlength. I adjusted the tension so that it did not come all the way back. Seems to be shooting fine. I did however switch to the QAD Ultra Rest. The rest remains level from the 80% position thru full draw.
    Firecat TR2, QAD HD Ultra Proseries, Extreme 1100, Blackhawk Vapor 400 gn arrows, Rage 3-Blade Broadheads, Scott Little Goose Release

Post Thanks / Like

yep sounds like the same thing i found on my sons rest when setting it for the first time...every once in a while he would get that wounded duck of a arrow that just did not fly fer anything. shoot same arrow again and all would be fine set an reset that thing many many times..now it sits in a box and he has a good ole prog rest..same style i have been using since they came out...soon as i find something wrong with it, I'll look into getting some other rest, 15 years now. just cant see any reason to stand on my head an shoot ...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

SonnyThomas

Default Fall away rests

You may have a small washer missing. On some the string threads through the positive stop, through a small washer and then through the eyelet on the arrm. See this before. Yes, if the washer isn't there the arm is pulled past it's high point and lowers a tad.
    Why TT did this is beyond me.....

Post Thanks / Like

I figured I'd have to adjust the draw cord until it topped out at full draw. Just wanted to know if I had something strange going on or not. Thanks for the input guys!