Thread: Stabilizers

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stabilizers

When you guys buy a stabilizer(hunting)is it for vibration or stabilizing or both.
    Was looking at buying a new one,but was wondering what to purchase.I have a NAP Shockblocker,X-Ring Hydraulic,and Sims coil which are all 6" or under and on bows already,but for my upcoming purchase I was thinking more of a 10" or longer,maybe an Octane.Just like some opinions on what some of you guys are using.

Thanks SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are mainly for vibration control. I personally prefer a soft rubber part, like a Doinker lil' bomb, or even a rubber washer against the bow, then a stab added onto that. Rubber washers between every solid part. Since mine are just used for hunting, I try to keep in the 6-8 inch range on length. Right now, I'm actually working on a new stabilizer I have designed, especially for Martin bows. It will be an 8 inch length, but could easily be made longer or a bit shorter. All my Martin bows seem to balance very well with 6-8 inch stabs, so I chose the 8 inch length.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it just for vibration. As you know the Martin line of bows is very well balanced. I have a small 4.5" simms s coil. It works well for me. But any one of the ones you have named will work well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

same here 6" S coil rubber dude on hunting bow replaced a 8" hydraulic. that now resides on the target bow , soon to added to or replaced for a longer one.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

SonnyThomas

Default Stabilizers

I use a 8" NAP Shock Blocker. Enough weight to have bow roll slightly forward and shock absorbing. The Blocker is rubber mounted and has some type of material inside to give a hydraulic effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Both.....On my Bengal, I have a Simms X Coil (4.5", 5oz) for balance and to help w/vibration reduction. Although I really don't think my Bengal needed much help in the latter.
    Tried the small Simms Mini-S Coil off my son's bow first and decided I wanted tiny bit more weight for just a touch more forward balance.

Problem I have with longer stabilizers for huntng, is there is just that much more sticking out to bump on limbs and/or snag in brush
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove