Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabilizers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stabilizers

When you guys buy a stabilizer(hunting)is it for vibration or stabilizing or both.
    Was looking at buying a new one,but was wondering what to purchase.I have a NAP Shockblocker,X-Ring Hydraulic,and Sims coil which are all 6" or under and on bows already,but for my upcoming purchase I was thinking more of a 10" or longer,maybe an Octane.Just like some opinions on what some of you guys are using.

Thanks SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Mine are mainly for vibration control. I personally prefer a soft rubber part, like a Doinker lil' bomb, or even a rubber washer against the bow, then a stab added onto that. Rubber washers between every solid part. Since mine are just used for hunting, I try to keep in the 6-8 inch range on length. Right now, I'm actually working on a new stabilizer I have designed, especially for Martin bows. It will be an 8 inch length, but could easily be made longer or a bit shorter. All my Martin bows seem to balance very well with 6-8 inch stabs, so I chose the 8 inch length.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have it just for vibration. As you know the Martin line of bows is very well balanced. I have a small 4.5" simms s coil. It works well for me. But any one of the ones you have named will work well.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

same here 6" S coil rubber dude on hunting bow replaced a 8" hydraulic. that now resides on the target bow , soon to added to or replaced for a longer one.
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

SonnyThomas

Default Stabilizers

I use a 8" NAP Shock Blocker. Enough weight to have bow roll slightly forward and shock absorbing. The Blocker is rubber mounted and has some type of material inside to give a hydraulic effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Both.....On my Bengal, I have a Simms X Coil (4.5", 5oz) for balance and to help w/vibration reduction. Although I really don't think my Bengal needed much help in the latter.
    Tried the small Simms Mini-S Coil off my son's bow first and decided I wanted tiny bit more weight for just a touch more forward balance.

Problem I have with longer stabilizers for huntng, is there is just that much more sticking out to bump on limbs and/or snag in brush
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Sims S-coil (4.5") for me.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Sims, 4.5" S coil with the 2.8" S coil extension, but seem to loose one every time one of the grandkids sees it, when I have the both of them on the bow, it balances really well for me, Unless or until I put a quiver on, then balance goes out the window!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    ........Unless or until I put a quiver on, then balance goes out the window!
    Think one of these days I might try some sort of stabilizer offset mount for better L/R balance with full quiver (which I use most the time).
    A friend of mine uses a Fuse Sidekick(?) offset mount stabilizer, but those are more $$ than I'm willing to spend.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLW View Post
    Think one of these days I might try some sort of stabilizer offset mount for better L/R balance with full quiver (which I use most the time).
    A friend of mine uses a Fuse Sidekick(?) offset mount stabilizer, but those are more $$ than I'm willing to spend.
    Build your own one.

You just need piece of meta with two holes, one screw that will connect the piece of metal to the bow and one nut that will accept the stabilizer.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL