Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stabilizers

Post Thanks / Like

I actually started to do that a while back, then got side tracked and it never thought much about again until today.......probably take all of 5 or 10 minutes if I'd just get off my rear end and do it.
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

I use a low riser mounted quiver..it is not too bad, discoverd if i place my pinky on staby it naturaly rights the bow.. works for me but i will say I have Large Paw
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your input.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

thatguy

i just recently bought the 11.5" octane piston style stabilizer. havent actually shot with it on yet, but i tried everything under 10" and none worked the way i wanted. and i was looking for both stabilization and noise dampening. im just a little anal about noise though. but it looks to be top notch workmanship and looks like it will work very well. should be out shooting this weekend, if anybody cares i could do a quick write up about it when im done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    i just recently bought the 11.5" octane piston style stabilizer. havent actually shot with it on yet, but i tried everything under 10" and none worked the way i wanted. and i was looking for both stabilization and noise dampening. im just a little anal about noise though. but it looks to be top notch workmanship and looks like it will work very well. should be out shooting this weekend, if anybody cares i could do a quick write up about it when im done.
    Yes,that is one of my picks for my new stabilizer,so love to hear your thoughts on it.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

thatguy

ill be shooting it this weekend, most likely. but ill tell you this much, having that weight way out where it is helps balance it at full draw better than the little doinker style i had before. if you havent really read about it, there are two 1oz weights on the very end on the piston that can be added to or removed by way of a set screw. and it just feels like a quality peice of equipment, so i have high expectations from it. only thing left is to find out how it takes care of "recoil". and im not real concered about how long it is, ill be hunting mostly out of stands without the bar around the front. so the 11.5 is perfect for me.

Post Thanks / Like

As deer season is less than 2 months away in SC, I figured I'd bring this one back. I know folks who won't hunt without a long dish up front & side bar, but they spot & stalk. The shots they take are much longer than any I've taken in the dense woods of SC. Personally, I haven't found stabs 12" or less to stabilize my bows. So, 4-8" vibration killers ate all I will use in the woods.

Heck, I am not sure if one would help or hurt me as the Nemesis is so well balanced, dead in the hand, & close to silent. If I hunt out West, totally differen ball game-essentially a 3D Rig

I should mention, I will be testing a 4-8" Palmetto State Stabilizer this season (black carbon fiber on my black carbon Nemesis 35 w cable slide.
    Last edited by elcid99; 06-22-2014 at 05:51 PM.
    ARCHERSHACK STAFF
    Brownell Fury, BCY Trophy, & BCY X Strings
    PALMETTO STATE STABILIZERS (by Archeryshack-COMING SOON)
    www.archeryshackstrings.com
    2013 Nemesis 35 (Black Carbon)
    2008 Slayer (Brushed Platinum)
    2007 Slayer (Gloss Black)

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best true stabilizers I've found and used is the B-Stinger. Its main purpose is to help the shooter hold the bow steadier so the sight pin doesn't dance around the target erratically like it tends to do without one. The tube or bar that holds the weight at the far end is made of carbon fiber and filled with a vibration dampening material, so the shooter gets the benefit of true stabilization and dampening. I've used my 12" B-Stinger when still hunting in some pretty tight brushy areas and it rarely ever causes problems hanging up on stuff. The company's website has a pretty good explanation of how a stabilizer is supposed to work (http://www.beestinger.com/why-b-stinger-works.php). I also bought a 10-degree offset quick disconnect so I can attach and detach any stab or dampener I want quick and easy. The offset also allows me to angle the stabilizer bar to the left or right so I can adjust for quiver weight or whatever might be causing an imbalance. I bought mine from a machinist on AT that goes by CoolHandLuke (or at least he used to).
    08/12 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67,5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion, lighter bows don't hold as steady. All want light bows but me, I want some weight. Most would be better off using a heavy solid steel stabilizer and I have one of those. Wrap your hand around it and knock some one into the next month heavy.

Long distance shakes comes more from not practicing longer distances. You have to learn to control yourself without using force - calm, relaxed is a real factor.

I don't have a problem out as far as I shoot or have shot. Normally I practice out to 40 yards and my longest shots on deer have been measured 36 yarders. Getting into 3D I used a Hoyt Voxor, 7 3/4" long and 9 1/2 ounces and later the NAP Shock Blocker (8" by 10 1/2 ounces) and I placed and won a bunch...

Just last year, my TX4 Pearson (33 1/2" ata) had my sidekick squirming when I nailed the 65 yard bull's eye twice with having to take two shots to set my sight. Yep, two correctional misses and then two in the bull's eye. Later the same afternoon, the club had a 60 yard novelty shot with a bull's eye about the size of baseball on a deer. The 65 yard information in hand and last to shoot I drilled the bull's eye with one shot to win. My stabilizer, the NAP Shock Blocker I mentioned in my first reply. http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/...ll=1#post37216

The NAP Shock Blocker was made close to 15 years ago or more and only came in black and later offered in camo. Mine is 14 years old and still works like new. I also still have the Hoyt Vexor.

Years back, went to this archery shop and tried every hunting stabilizer they had, about 15 different brands and models. Only one proved better than what I had and it was not cheap at $110.00. I passed. I added more weight to the Hoyt Vexor and the kick was gone. This was on a bow back then that was Darton's best kept secret, the Yukon. 62 pound draw weight, 29" draw, 380 gr arrow and 292 fps. This would be a year or two before 2005.
    Former and current Back Yard Champion. I beat myself