Thread: rytera nemesis let off

Unregistered

Default rytera nemesis let off

So I dont know too much about adjusting the let off on my nemesis, If I draw the bow fully then adjust the stop(at full draw) to just touch the bottom limb, I am at 80 % let off.
    So too lower the let off, say to 65 %, I would adjust the draw stop so it contacts the limb sooner, correct? But could you not pull it hard enough against the stop(on the bottom limb)to keep rotating the top cam while the bottom is not moving, changing cam timing?? Also would this effect draw length?

Post Thanks / Like

Well yes and yes. To a degree...
    BUT. If your pulling the bow past the draw stop I would think that you have a longer draw than what the bow is set at.
    Set the draw stop to your draw length.
    If you want less let-off then set the module to the next longer setting.
    If you have a 47" draw length and have the bow set to stop at 47" why would you try to pull it past that?

machinegunjohn

So you use the draw stop to set draw length and the draw length modules to set let off?
    So if this is how it works, where do I initialy set my modules to, I am 29" DL. Do I set them to the 29" holes, then set my stop to touch the limb at full draw,(this would be 29" @ 80% let off??) then adjust modules, leaving the stop alone, to achieve desired let off?
    Thanks for the help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    If you have a 47" draw length and have the bow set to stop at 47" why would you try to pull it past that?
    why indeed! Is any bow capable of being draw that far? Hard enought to find a bow with that sort of A2A length.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Set the mods on the 29" setting and set the DS to stop the cables just as they get to the end of the flat part of the track on the mods, this will give you the 80% letoff and a 29" DL. Actually if the string and cables are set to spec you will have about a 29.25 measured AMO DL with the mods and stop set here.
    To get a 65% letoff, you will need to use a scale to measure the holding weight at full draw each time you shorten the DS.

Advantage Custom Strings

Senior Member Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree archerx7. I did mine just the way you mentioned. I put it in my drawing machine and it made it much easier to adjust the draw stop. But once adjusted it was the best fitting draw length I have ever had.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com