Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets see what ya got guys post some pics!

Post Thanks / Like

Jim

Your TRG rod goes all the way thru. That is the first Onza I seen that did that. I thought they were captured in the front?

Second, your peep is tied in around the peep but you have no serving above or below the peep. Is that how you normally do it?
    Firecat 400

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hrestoration View Post
    Wow..All of that stuff was really perfect.
    I really like it.
    Really!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Stop making me drool Jim. Nice job on the strings!!!!!! Good looking bow and color combo.

Hutch
    Thanks Hutch, Sorry about the drool thing. I think I like this bow a little better than the Nem I had last year. Seems to balance and hold a little better than the Nem I had last year and the speed is very close to what I got out of the Nem.

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    Jim

Your TRG rod goes all the way thru. That is the first Onza I seen that did that. I thought they were captured in the front?

Second, your peep is tied in around the peep but you have no serving above or below the peep. Is that how you normally do it?
    Mark, The only bow I've gotten in so far this year that the slot wasn't machined all the way through is a Silencer I just got in about 2 weeks ago. The other Onzas I've had in here are the same as this one.

I will also normally serve above and below on a customers bow so they can adjust peep rotation some and I will serve right where the split in the string starts and ends with tension on the string. The angle of the pic makes the peep appear to be at an angle, but it is actually straight and comes straight back to my eye during the draw so I saw no reason to serve above and below since this is my own bow.

And before anyone asks........that is a RedEye peep and no.....I haven't had any problems with them cutting my string. My eyesight is really bad and this peep does help clear up the sight picture a little better then a standard peep.

Advantage Custom Strings

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    Thanks Hutch, Sorry about the drool thing. I think I like this bow a little better than the Nem I had last year. Seems to balance and hold a little better than the Nem I had last year and the speed is very close to what I got out of the Nem.
    I can see why its a nice bow I like its look! It also looks very stable and smooth.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Archerx7,why does that TRG have a blue strip on it?Is that something you put on.
    Great looking strings.Really like those colors.

SL
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post
    Archerx7,why does that TRG have a blue strip on it?Is that something you put on.

SL
    I was just about to ask the same... is that teflon tape or something? And how do you like the bowjax string jax?

Great looking bow and I agree the Onza holds really well!
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by archerx7 View Post
    I will also normally serve above and below on a customers bow so they can adjust peep rotation some and I will serve right where the split in the string starts and ends with tension on the string.
    A
    The serving helps with adjusting for peep rotation? Do tell!
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    I was just about to ask the same... is that teflon tape or something? And how do you like the bowjax string jax?

i was wondering the same thing. if so, does it work? sweet looking bow, I want one.
    2011 Exile/01 Panther
    Rage/Muzzy
    TruGlo
    Easton Arrows
    Blazer Vanes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Life View Post

SL
    Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post

Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice the TRG. Yes, that is teflon fletching clamp tape and so far it seems to be working pretty well at reducing the amount of premature wear/discoloartion on the down cable, without the need of special waxes or waxing all the time.
    There was a period back in the 90's during the transition from steel to synthetic cables where certain companies were foregoing the use of a slide and just letting the cables ride on the rod, some of these companies were applying a teflon tape to the rod in order to reduce the wear on the synthetic cables.

wabbit, I like the BowJax products real well, they are all I use on my own stuff and all I stock in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by MLN1963 View Post
    The serving helps with adjusting for peep rotation? Do tell!
    Mark, The peep locks above and below can be used to make minor adjustments to peep rotation. By sliding the locks up or down you will wrap the strands toward or away from the peep and alter the rotaion of the peep somewhat

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Firecat TR1

Here's my cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images