Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Shadowcat Questions

SonnyThomas

Default More Shadowcat Questions

Just checked with Bob D. He is using X Ringer 350s with pin nocks, 2" Blazers, and 150 gr glue in field points. His Bengal is set to 48 pounds and has a 26 1/2" draw. His bow is accurate. So the 150 gr tips are evidently giving good spine.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up the Hamseka third axis tool at the ATA show and put it on the sight today. Bubble was way off on first and second axis. That adjustment made a great deal of difference. In addition, I replaced the Bodoodle with a cheap prong type rest I had laying around. That too helped. I just ain't smart enough to tune the Bodoodle.
    I found the Victorys aren't quite as straight as the Eastons I've shot before. I had a couple that I just could not get to tune, rotated nocks didn't help at all.
    We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Thanks to all who have commented. Great forum.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosII View Post
    I picked up the Hamseka third axis tool at the ATA show and put it on the sight today. Bubble was way off on first and second axis. That adjustment made a great deal of difference. In addition, I replaced the Bodoodle with a cheap prong type rest I had laying around. That too helped. I just ain't smart enough to tune the Bodoodle.
    I found the Victorys aren't quite as straight as the Eastons I've shot before. I had a couple that I just could not get to tune, rotated nocks didn't help at all.
    We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

Thanks to all who have commented. Great forum.
    On the arrows change nocks around or replace them in the two you could not get to fly right. My son took hours and finally got all his arrows hitting a 50 cent size dot. Turning nocks around doesn't always do it sometimes changing field tips helps. Field tips can vary in weight and in roundness. As far as the Bodoodle there is not much to tune there. I have one and it is the most accurate rest I own. The only thing you need right on it is the arrow weight adjustment.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Carlos try the Easton Fat Boys 400 with 125 and 145 grain tips with 4 3" feathers fletghed at 90 degrees 30 or31 inches long.