Thread: Silencer vs Firecat 400

Unregistered

Default Silencer vs Firecat 400

Does anyone know the exact difference between the two, other than the obvious slight difference in the riser design and the axle to axle length being a little bit longer on the firecat. Also, do they shoot the same? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets see, Obvious riser design difference, differnt axle to axle length. Do they shoot the same? I doubt it! Maybe some of the shop guys could answer your question. But in the meantime, why not take a few monents and register, we can always use some more input.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not trying to be a wise guy, but the Silencer(Gold Series) is cheaper than the Firecat 400(Pro Series), so that is another difference.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've shot both, and couldn't tell a difference. Same speed, same noise level (quiet), and same amount of hand shock (very little), same smooth draw. The only real difference I noticed was that the Silencer weighs less. It's .2 pounds lighter. Doesn't sound like much, but once it's fully rigged for hunting or targets, it's a difference. I own a 2011 Firecat, and am getting ready to get a Silencer as well. The price tag is alot lighter on the Silencer as well. lol

Silencer

Default Silencer vs Firecat

The only difference is the riser that causes the increased weight. Other than that they have the same exact specs.

Post Thanks / Like

The two Martin bows I'm most interested in. Too bad I need about a 26" draw or I would likely have one of those already.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

MLN, you could probably get either bow with the Nitro 1.5 cams. That should give a 26-29 inch draw. Most likely it would have to be ordered that way, but if it's what you want, it's worth the wait.

Post Thanks / Like

EH

I've had a few dealers say they were going to check on that but I have heard nothing back. I don't think it is something I would want to do myself as I bet it would be costly buying cams! I wonder if it takes different cables and string too? I doubt it but you never know.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

MLN, I'm sure it would take different strings and cables. Even though the catalog doesn't show the 1.5 on the Firecat or Silencer, they show it for the Crossfire and Shadowcat, so I'm sure the FC or Silencer could be ordered with it. It's not that big of a deal to change out cams, but if you have never done it before, or don't have someone to help that has, it's better to just order it with the 1.5's. And no, the cams aren't cheap. lol You could call Martin and ask if the 1.5's are available on the Silencer. Might get a faster answer that way. Right now, dealers are trying to get stock in, etc., so most are gonna be a bit slow.

Post Thanks / Like

The cables are the same but the string is 5.25" shorter with the 1.5 cams.