Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arrows

OK guys, narrowed them down to start out with either the GT 5575 Expeditions or Beman ICS Bowhunter 400's. Only a $5 difference per dozen shafts the GT's being higher. Are the GT's the better way to go? Both are correct for my current set up. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

well both are very close the GT is 8.8 gpi vrs the ICS @ 8.4 so for that $5 spot you get an extra .4 gpi makes a heaver arrow in the long run . thats all..both are made by good makers so its realy all it comes to is weight. and if you may or may not be getting insert with them..unless you go the pre made route... hunting I would go with GT,s .. target go lighter then both thease
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

With your setup, 65 #'s @ 29", your bow can handle a little more arrow weight, unless you're a speed demon. Heavier arrows will make you bow quieter, and be harder to stop. I'd go with the GT's at 8.8 gpi, you'll get about a 423 grn arrow that should fly at 272 fps and hit with 69.6 KE. More than enough for anything walking around the North American continent!
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    With your setup, 65 #'s @ 29", your bow can handle a little more arrow weight, unless you're a speed demon. Heavier arrows will make you bow quieter, and be harder to stop. I'd go with the GT's at 8.8 gpi, you'll get about a 423 grn arrow that should fly at 272 fps and hit with 69.6 KE. More than enough for anything walking around the North American continent!
    +1 I agree with elkslayer. My arrows weigh 424+ grains, my draw weight is 60lbs., and DL is 27.5 in., and I get approx. 237 fps with 53 ft. lbs. kinetic energy. The thing is, I only hunt white-tail deer, so talk about an over-kill!
    Last edited by Arrow Splitter; 01-25-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    so talk about an over-kill!
    No such thing my boy... I have enough KE to stop a charging rhino... so I figuar any bear that disagrees with my plan, after I attack wont realy have much to say, other then a moan or two My last blacktail went maybe 30 yards 10 of that was what It slid down the slope. thank you lord for putting that tree there..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Darton Fury recurve

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you get over kill. If it is dead it is dead!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Explosive broadheads? lol

Post Thanks / Like

thought only rambo had thouse...
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

M2 Abrams Tank.LOL
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses guys. Decided to go with the GT's. Whitetails and turkeys with max shot 35yds from the tree and 17yds from the blind so think I am good to go. Not a speed demon just want to get the best flight I can. Going from 2315's and 15 yr old bow anything today is like night and day to me, lol.