Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stabilizer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stabilizer

Ok, new Stabilizer I designed using the new VEM modules. 7 inch length, 8 ounce weight. Both could be changed if needed. Still needs camo dipped. Thanks for your input guys!
    Last edited by Ehunter; 01-26-2011 at 02:42 AM.

SonnyThomas

Default Stabilizer

Clean design. Taking Martin's and Mathew's idea to a new area of thinking. Stop and thing of most "shaker" stabs and the shake goes back and forth. Here, you have certain amount of multi-direction.

You didn't note that the stab is threaded on both ends so weight could be added - another good thought put in the design.

Post Thanks / Like

Hutch mentioned about making another place for another VEM. I chose to just use the two, since it would be very easy to shorten this stab if someone wanted a 5-6 inch version. Now I'm rethinking this whole thing. What if I made individual pieces with the VEM in them, and they could be screwed together to attain the length a person wanted. Say each piece 3 inches long, threaded at both ends. Just put a thin sheet of rubber between them for futher dampening. More of a modular type of stab. Then the VEMs could be situated horizontally, and vertically also. Any ideas?

Thanks for the input Sonny and Hutch. Greatly appreciated. And to all who reply.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Hutch mentioned about making another place for another VEM. I chose to just use the two, since it would be very easy to shorten this stab if someone wanted a 5-6 inch version. Now I'm rethinking this whole thing. What if I made individual pieces with the VEM in them, and they could be screwed together to attain the length a person wanted. Say each piece 3 inches long, threaded at both ends. Just put a thin sheet of rubber between them for futher dampening. More of a modular type of stab. Then the VEMs could be situated horizontally, and vertically also. Any ideas?

Thanks for the input Sonny and Hutch. Greatly appreciated. And to all who reply.
    Again good thinking! Look at what the market wants. If I went to buy your product. Could I buy a 6" stab, than later I decide I want to lengthen it. What are my choices? 3" or 4" extensions. This will give it a better appeal.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    What if I made individual pieces with the VEM in them, and they could be screwed together to attain the length a person wanted. Say each piece 3 inches long, threaded at both ends. Just put a thin sheet of rubber between them for futher dampening. More of a modular type of stab. Then the VEMs could be situated horizontally, and vertically also. Any ideas?

I think the adding or removing of modules would be good,then you could customize it to you and your bow.BTW good looking stab,are you gonna produce these?
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

SonnyThomas

Default Stabilizer

Only testing would prove for a 3rd or possible overkill, but then there are some wicked bows that need that extra bit of taming. Modular design is nice, but the trick is to get good match up. ??? Other testing would be looking into angle of VEMs - this may give good effect for the side to side problems some shooters may have.

For giggles; Transparent green or red or blue - aluminum to come through and give the depth look to color. Candy apple? Hey, camo works, but some like a bit of racy stuff. This might be serious when considering those that use all the stab they can in competition - like 12".

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny, I was thinking that if it was made into modules, you would be able to rotate them to "point" the VEMs vertically, horizontally, or anywhere in between just by using rubber washers between the mods. A person can always add weight to the end if they wish as well. For that matter, you could put a weight between modules too. Then you could play with how they effected vibration and noise for each particular bow and shooting style. As far as colors, I was just planning on camo until I saw if these things were going to be very well accepted by everyone. It looks like each module should weigh in around 2 1/2-3 ounces. 3 inches long, and 1 1/4 inch diameter. Thanks again for the input! And yes, they are both patent pending. lol

SonnyThomas

Default Stabilizer

Again, testing to see if the mods would stay where put. Having had stabs come loose and parts of them come loose I've learned to check. Checking is good, but people are lazy and start pointing fingers. Okay, your idea is sound, but seems someone is always in waiting.

Keep in mind; Hollow tubes to give length and smaller weights give results of being heavy. Perhaps another test; A shake out front can come right back up the stab and, yep, shake the bow. Just a thought from when a friend tried a recurve stab with ball bearing out on the end of the long stab. Shook so bad that you had to hang onto the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok Sonny, here's the new shorter mods. Threw some camo tape on one just for an idea of looks. Rubber shims between each mod seem to hold them good and tight, and also allow for the VEMs to be on varying angles.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 01-30-2011 at 09:17 AM.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now we are talking! I am liking it. Once complete and finished, I think you got something. Also would you be offering any type of end tip like doinker does. That would add some extra style.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com