Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin makes good!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin makes good!

Well I got my new 2010 Firecat TR-1 at the beginning of Dec. I was stoked about it, got a great deal and the bow looked great. Well before I got to fire a shot I noticed a major fray on the string near the idler wheel.(I had pulled it back a few times to measure arrows, line up sights etc.) I then noticed that the idler wheel had a real sharp edge and was very rough with no round edge.

I was pissed, big high to big low. Oh well I called Martin and got a RA# and sent the bow back. Took awhile shipping, customs, Xmas etc. but I finally got the bow back and am really happy. Martin upgraded the string to the new green and black one on the 2011 bows. They also put on a new idler wheel. So that eased the pain of being bowless for awhile. Thanks Martin. Cheers Roscoe

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you! I am glad you hung in there. You have a great bow. I am sure you will be wearing the arm out soon.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to here you got a idler that sliped thru QC. Good thing you caught it befor... well dont even want to type that.
    Gald they took care of you. the CS is top notch. Enjoy that new firecat. let us know how it shoots for you..
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Post Thanks / Like

Since the the others forgot,
    Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum, Roscoe.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    Since the the others forgot,
    Welcome to the Martin Tech Forum, Roscoe.
    Yea, I guess that was my first post on here, thanks for the welcome and other comments. Seems like a bunch of great people on this forum. Cheers Roscoe

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they are pretty ok bunch of guys, and from every where. Lot of know how here. Thanks Arrow Splitter for reminding us of our manners. Welcome Roscoe ! Tell us how you've set it up if you would.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Setup

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Yeah, they are pretty ok bunch of guys, and from every where. Lot of know how here. Thanks Arrow Splitter for reminding us of our manners. Welcome Roscoe ! Tell us how you've set it up if you would.
    Well before I sent it back I had a G5 optix 5 pin sight, Fuse Axium stabilizer and an APA twister rest on it, that is all going on another bow now.
    The Martin Firecat TR-1 now has a Cobra Viper 5 pin sight, Martin whisker bisquit rest and a Vibracheck isolator G2 stablizer. Both bows will have G5 peep sights and D-loops. My release is a Tru ball "short and sweet" I think it's called. Arrows are Carbon Force radial X-weave with blazer vanes. Hope this helps. Cheers Roscoe

Post Thanks / Like

oh buy all means welcome was stuned buy your post
    Great place good folks willing to help, or just give you a hard time ..lol pull up a keyboard and stick around...
    It's all fun an games till you put that big boy on the ground.. now its time to get to work
    Martin cougarIII elite nitrous C cam X system & HHA
    Darton Fury recurve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoeP View Post
    Well before I sent it back I had a G5 optix 5 pin sight, Fuse Axium stabilizer and an APA twister rest on it, that is all going on another bow now.
    The Martin Firecat TR-1 now has a Cobra Viper 5 pin sight, Martin whisker bisquit rest and a Vibracheck isolator G2 stablizer. Both bows will have G5 peep sights and D-loops. My release is a Tru ball "short and sweet" I think it's called. Arrows are Carbon Force radial X-weave with blazer vanes. Hope this helps. Cheers Roscoe
    It all helps, but what I really meant was What weight are you shooting and how long are your CFX weaves?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Setup!

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    It all helps, but what I really meant was What weight are you shooting and how long are your CFX weaves?
    Oh, the bow is 60# max and that is where I will be shooting, the arrows are 28.5" long and are the 200's (red dot) on there chart I believe.