Thread: '09 Martin Moab Modules---Help

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default '09 Martin Moab Modules---Help

I know, I know...I've read some similar posts...

...but what significance does an F-5 module have on an '09 Moab? I purchased my bow new, from an authorized Martin dealer. It came equipped with the F-5 module, which is not a module listed as one possible in the group of those available for '09 Moabs!(*) I also have learned that new bows of that genre included the complete set of modules, which I did not receive.

I'm a Martin Guy...In spite of some warranty issues (Joel jumped on this and the service was great)...I like my bow very much. In fact, I've become quite accomplished with it. But I want to know, what is the significance of the F-5 module? Why was it on the Moab I received to begin with? And what use does it have to me now? I have purchased, from a local dealer, an F-6 and F-4 module, which one or both are plastic. I did so to explore draw length adjustments.

(*)the 2009 past spec chart for a Moab does not list an F-5 module as a possible module in the lineup of potential draw length options. The chart specifically excludes the F-5 module, going from F-4 which is designated as a 28 inch draw length module, to an F-6 module of 29 inch draw length.

Thanks for reading,

LMJII

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your mystery module

What draw length differnce does your #5 give you , any thing differnt than #'s 4 & 6 do. Can you get 28 1/2 with either?
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the reply

Its funny. I find that I can bury (longest of the adjustable positions) the adjustable draw stop with the F-5 module, but can't with the F-6. Just too long with the F-6. I also feel the F-4 module, with the draw stop "buried" is not long enough for speed, comfort reasons. Does that mean the buried F-4 long draw stop position is 28 1/2"? and the long draw stop on the F-6 is a 29 1/2"?

You know...when you look at the cam, the draw stop designations/lines of demarkation total 7. I assume, the center line equates to the actual draw length designation for the specific module, and the 3 designated lines of demarkation on either side of the center mark designate relative draw lengths (longer or shorter).

My position is that with the F-6 module (29" draw), I'm slightly short of comfy as the valley is not realized to 80% potential. I also feel the F-4 module(28" draw) is not benficial as the length of draw is too short. Sure I may be comfy in the "tight" valley, but have lost fps due to DL.

I'm actually happiesat with the F-5 module ( whether actual or believed) because I think it gives me the let-off and the DL length for maximum FPS.

I may be nit-picking. But why is the F-5 module not included (or in my case included as the only module on a brand-new bow) on a "09 Moab? I wonder?

Thanks for reading. Sorry for any ambiguity.

lmjii

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember something about early Moabs get locked at full draw, because they had been drawn past the draw stop. Several Moab shooters here as well a wealth of knowledge, I'm sure that we see more answers on module 5.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

On the 2009 Martin Bengal w/M2 Pro cam, the F5 is listed at 29"......F6 is the off module, stuck somewhere between listed 29" F5 and 30" F7.

I had quite bit of frustration getting correct draw length on my '09 Bengal at first. (& think posted my confusion/frustration on here about a year ago)
    When I test shot the bow, they said they put on a "F5" module on it for my 29" draw. FYI: Being a lefty you can't read module number w/o taking it off, so trusted what I was told.
    The set-up felt little too long, but assumed it was due to d-loop and long head release I was using and I bought the bow as it was.
    Later dropped draw a half inch by moved string from pin 1 to pin 2 and it was still too long.
    Dug into the pack of modules and found I had a F4 and a F6, so assuming I did have the F5 on it, I put on the F4 back at pin 1....in theory, another half inch shorter.
    This time it was too short and my arrow speed took too big of a big drop for just a half inch......I'm getting pissed at this point.

Went back and grabbed the original module, noticed it was aluminum and not same material or part of factory module package. Stamped in "F" number was hard to read, so I laid it on top of the F6 in my pack and found a perfect match....turns out I had gone from near 30", to near 29.5", then all the way down to 28". Arrow speed loss made sense now.

Went back to dealer, had them get me the missing F5 module, install it using Pin 1 and it finally fit close enough that I only moved the draw stop up one notch to get it right where I want it.

Thinking the dud F6 module (on Bengal) is somewhere closer to the F7, maybe around 29.5" to 29.75"???
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to remember something about early Moabs get locked at full draw, because they had been drawn past the draw stop
    That can happen with any bow if the draw stop is incorrectly installed.

Post Thanks / Like

I found that the F5 module on my Moab came in at 28.5# DL. Don't forget you can experiment with the Draw Stop adjustment to fine tune your Ideal DL.