Thread: 2011 Pantera Left Behind?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2011 Pantera Left Behind?

Has anyone seen a 2011 Pantera to see if it has the 2010 style grip? In all the advertising pictures it seems that the 2011 Pantera didn't get the new grip design. Why is that?
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

The Martin website shows it with the old style grip. I guess Martin didn't want to change the Pantera for 2011.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what I find odd or interesting depending on how you look at it.

The 2011 riser must have been redesigned for the new rod style TRG but they didn't update the grip? It sure looks like the 2010 CCS is wider and wouldn't fit with the TRG rod. I have never seen one in person but that is what it looks like to me. I think it makes the 2011 Pantera look dated already.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

The new riser was updated to give a thinner grip, not neccessarily for the new TRG/SOS. The TRG/SOS would have worked perfectly well on the older risers. I think the reason they left the grip on the Pantera the way it was is due to the fact it was their best selling bow for 2010. I personally like the old style grip better. My hands have big flat palms, and the old grip just fit them better. More stable for me. Then new thinner riser seems to kind of "float around" on my hand. I've actually been trying to think of a way to thicken the riser on my Firecat.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was at the local bow shop I saw a few 2011 and 2010 bows and they didn't look compatible to me. The 2011 riser has C shaped channel cut in the side of the riser that is round. The 2010 CCS that I saw looked to be flat and wider. The dealer went so far as to say that Martin was looking at making an adaptor kit to allow the TRG to be used on the older style CCS bows.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

MLN, I meant that if they had chosen to make the cut-out in the riser, the TRG/SOS would have had room to work on the older risers. I didn't mean to say they were interchangeable. I certainly wouldn't have an older bow outfitted with the TRG/SOS due to the machining neccessary. Now with an adapter kit, maybe. Likewise, the new riser would work fine with the CCS if they had included the riser cut out's for it. I do think they are onto something with the new TRG/SOS though. It takes a little getting used to seeing your string and cables sitting so close to your arrow at full draw, but the set-up gives good clearance when fired. One thing people need to know though, the TRG does get rubbed by the cables, and it transfers some plastic to the cables themselves. It makes it look like the cables are wearing, but they aren't. They just need cleaned, and re-lubed. I like Bohning's new "string conditioner" for that part of the cables, and good old string wax for the rest of the cables and string. The new Bohning stuff is very slick, and tends to not gather the plastic residue as bad as a wax does.
    Last edited by Ehunter; 01-29-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, misunderstanding on my part.

I thought it was cool that Martin was considering making an adaptor kit.
    Firecat 400