Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: silencer bow

Post Thanks / Like

Default silencer bow

any one shoot this looks nice light fast i was looking real hard at a z28 but then i came across the specs on the silencer would like to hear more about them. i have a alien z my buddie is buying off me so im in the market for another bow

Post Thanks / Like

I got a silencer about a week and a half ago and love it. It is light, fast, accurate, smooth and has hardly any vibration with nothing on it. This is a bow that is flying under the radar for some reason. The TRG and SOS are really cool innovations and work great! You would not be disappointed if you bought the bow. For the price tag on it, you get a lot of bow for what you pay. It is just an unbelievable bow from top to bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

hows the draw cycle, is it like the hybrix like the alien line. why dont they prmote this bow more its a hunters dream from the specs. how the grip i was looking at the alien x to but i dont care for the grip

Post Thanks / Like

The draw cycle is smooth and it has a real solid back wall. As far as the grip, I like it a lot. it is comfortable in the hand and has a nice feel to it. Not to sure why you don't hear all that much about this bow. To tell you the truth, it seems as though all martin bows fly under the radar and dont get the recognition they deserve. Everyone gets caught up in the "popular" names such as mathews, hoyt, bowtech and such. But martin has the best customer service on the market. You should find a dealer near you and shoot the silencer. If they dont have the silencer, then shoot the firecat 400 because they are the exact same bow except for the claw deals on the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    The draw cycle is smooth and it has a real solid back wall. As far as the grip, I like it a lot. it is comfortable in the hand and has a nice feel to it. Not to sure why you don't hear all that much about this bow. To tell you the truth, it seems as though all martin bows fly under the radar and dont get the recognition they deserve. Everyone gets caught up in the "popular" names such as mathews, hoyt, bowtech and such. But martin has the best customer service on the market. You should find a dealer near you and shoot the silencer. If they dont have the silencer, then shoot the firecat 400 because they are the exact same bow except for the claw deals on the riser.
    Not exactly, there are a few differences, like the 1 1/4" difference in A2A or the .2 of a lb differnce is mass weight, and I'm sure there is a difference on the price tag. But pretty much the same.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Not exactly, there are a few differences, like the 1 1/4" difference in A2A or the .2 of a lb differnce is mass weight, and I'm sure there is a difference on the price tag. But pretty much the same.
    I took my silencer into the local pro shop and hung it up right next to the FC400 and you couldn't tell the difference in the ATA at all with the naked eye. It is so minute that you might as well pull out a tape measure. Thats how identical these two bows are. And the .2lbs comes from the cat looking claws on the riser.

Post Thanks / Like

I got this new silencer bow about a month ago. I bought it for several reasons. The bow is made in Washington where I live (support local companies). I've heard great things about their customer service, and the stats on the bow rock, especially when you factor in the price. It's amazing how flat and fast these arrows fly. I shoot 29 inch draw at 60 lbs with arrows weighing 374 grs. These things flat out move. I've got about 1000 shots thru mine now, and other than having to tighten up loose screws a couple times during the first 200 shots, I've had no issues. The draw is very smooth and is quiet as well. I've been shooting along side guys with Mathews and G5 bows costing twice what mine did, and am not at any disadvantage. VERY GOOD BOW!!

Post Thanks / Like

mud have you checked the speed yet you should be right around 290 fps

Post Thanks / Like

I have not yet. I just dug out the croney to take to the range for rifle work. I will shoot a couple of arrows over it in the back yard tonight and let you know.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got done with the croney..... And the answer is...... Out of twenty shots recorded I had a low of 185 and high of 194. I was expecting a little more like 300 to 310. How did you come up with your estimate rock? Still extremely happy with my new Silencer.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.