Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: silencer bow

Post Thanks / Like

My bad!!!! Numbers should have been 285 to 294. Average = 290
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Just got done with the croney..... And the answer is...... Out of twenty shots recorded I had a low of 185 and high of 194. I was expecting a little more like 300 to 310. How did you come up with your estimate rock? Still extremely happy with my new Silencer.
    do you mean 285-294?

Post Thanks / Like

mud i use backcountry archery caculactor it works pretty good try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    mud i use backcountry archery caculactor it works pretty good try it out.
    X2 It's seems to be accurate.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just been checking their calculator out. That is a great sight, and YES...it does seem to be spot on.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

that was at the low ibo some fine tuneing you might get 5fps faster

Post Thanks / Like

Running my Silencer over the croney again last night (in better light) and I'm coming up with a pretty solid 285. Thought this might be a little on the slow side, but who knows. Any guesses out there? Also, I got to looking. Martin shows the 60# bows to have 3M limbs, but mine are marked 3H. Any idea what difference this makes? I've got my limbs cranked all the way down and then the nut backed off 1/8 a turn from bottomed out. I've used two different scales and only come up with 55# draw weight. Is that 1/8 turn worth 5# of weight??? I wouldn't think so. What are your thoughts.

(374gr arrows, 29" draw, 20gr on string (peep, D loop, nock))

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Running my Silencer over the croney again last night (in better light) and I'm coming up with a pretty solid 285. Thought this might be a little on the slow side, but who knows. Any guesses out there? Also, I got to looking. Martin shows the 60# bows to have 3M limbs, but mine are marked 3H. Any idea what difference this makes? I've got my limbs cranked all the way down and then the nut backed off 1/8 a turn from bottomed out. I've used two different scales and only come up with 55# draw weight. Is that 1/8 turn worth 5# of weight??? I wouldn't think so. What are your thoughts.

(374gr arrows, 29" draw, 20gr on string (peep, D loop, nock))
    Every full turn of top and bottom limb bolts together should be 3lbs, Thus giving you 15lbs of variance. 5 full turns out of each bolt, the bow should read 45lbs. 5 full turns in your bow should read 60lbs. The reason the bow does not reach 60lbs, is the cable needs to be twisted 5 to 7 turns or more. What is your ATA of the bow, I would think it is longer than it is suppose to be. Also if the ATA is long and you twist your cable to get it right, this will make your draw length a tad longer so you might have to twist your string.

HUTCH
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 02-02-2011 at 09:57 AM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thing is the bow should read (max out) 63lbs. What I would do it back out the limb bolts equally till the bolt ends are seen in the barrel nuts. This should be loose enough to take the bottom end of your cable off and twist it. I would do 5 twists at first than more it necessary. At 60lbs you should see the numbers your looking for.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

285 at 55 # is pretty good