Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: silencer bow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Another thing is the bow should read (max out) 63lbs. What I would do it back out the limb bolts equally till the bolt ends are seen in the barrel nuts. This should be loose enough to take the bottom end of your cable off and twist it. I would do 5 twists at first than more it necessary. At 60lbs you should see the numbers your looking for.

HUTCH
    Doesn't the Silencer have Nitro cams ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Yes it does.
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Your right Spiker thanks for correcting me. That would mean he would have to twist both sides. Keep the timing equal.

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hutch. I looked at the specs online here and it says my Silencer is supposed to have 32" ATA. Got home tonight and measured mine. It was 32 1/4. I backed the screws out as you mentioned and then added 5 twists, then 2 more, and finally 2 more to each cable. ATA is now dead on 32". Tomorrow I'll be able to get to a scale and after work have daylight to croney it again. I appreciate your help. Thanks!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Thanks Hutch. I looked at the specs online here and it says my Silencer is supposed to have 32" ATA. Got home tonight and measured mine. It was 32 1/4. I backed the screws out as you mentioned and then added 5 twists, then 2 more, and finally 2 more to each cable. ATA is now dead on 32". Tomorrow I'll be able to get to a scale and after work have daylight to croney it again. I appreciate your help. Thanks!!
    Sorry I forgot which bow we were talking about at first. But Spiker corrected me. Also check your draw length to see if that changed.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Don't forget to retime the cams after twisting the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Sorry I forgot which bow we were talking about at first. But Spiker corrected me. Also check your draw length to see if that changed.

Hutch
    I can guarantee his DL changed by at least 3/8" with 9 twists added in the cables.

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty new to bow set up. How would one check the timing on the cams and then adjust them?
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

your timeing has to be checked at full draw. draw board i use a hook mounted to the wall so i can draw the bow and watch to make sure the cams are comeing over the same

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Rock. If I discover that one cam is rolling over before the other, how would I go about adjusting that timing?

Post Thanks / Like

Measure in from the end of each mod 3/8" and put a mark on the edge of the cable track (be as precise as possible)so the mark can be seen as the cables roll into the mods.

If you find the top cam is advanced, put twists into the cable that connects to the outer cable post on that cam. Recheck timing and repeat as needed. if the bottom cam is advanced, put twists in the cable that connects to the outer cable post on that cam.

Timing these cams is relativley simple and once done, you shouldn't have to do it again untill you replace the string/cables.

Advantage Custom Strings