Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: silencer bow

Post Thanks / Like

Just checked out your album pics. That is a very nice looking rig. Personally I like the looks of the Silencer riser better than the Firecat - don't find the cat claw look as appealing as what the Silencer has. I know - each to their own preference but I just like what I consider cleaner lines in the Silencer.

Also, based on my 08 Firecat's performance, I believe you're bow is pretty close to how mine shoots, speed wise. Your bow and mine have pretty much the same specs (ATA, brace height, speed, etc) so to me you look to be getting good performance. From what I saw of the cable position of your cables relative to the modules at full draw it appears you have the timing set well too. It will be interesting to find out what your actual DW is once you have your scale.

When I shot 390 grain Maxima 350s I was getting very repeatable 290 fps with 29" DL and 63# DW. I now shoot these same Maxima 350 but with more weight up front for increased mass and higher FOC and get 280 fps with 452 grains and 250 fps when shooting my Gold Tip Big Game 100+ weighing 560 grains. As you'll note, there wasn't a lot of speed loss with heavier arrows but there is a notable increase in momentum gained that provides more penetration potential (presuming this is a hunting bow). The reason is there's a more efficient transfer of energy from the bow to the arrow when you're shooting heavier that minimum weight arrows. You'll also get a quieter shot from heavier arrows. Just thought I'd pass that along in case you weren't aware.
    Last edited by Rockyhud; 02-13-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: correct DW for DL
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Okay fellas here goes. I got my scale in the mail and got the weight measured. It was only 58# at spec string/cable lengths. So I added twists again to the cables until I hit 63#. My draw length is at 29.5. Got the cams retimed. Also I changed out the factory center serving as it was very large and my arrow nocks were wearing a flat spot in the serving and had very high retention on the string. Plus, the factory center serving is like 10" long so I reserved it with .025 serving and only for 6" of the string. Now the arrow once snapped on the string will spin freely on the string. I also removed the brass nock above my D loop and just tied it in with about 5 wraps of .020 serving string. Dug out the chrony and my 380gr arrows and low and behold.....
    300fps!!!!! I'm extremely happy with this Silencer Bow!!
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    Okay fellas here goes. I got my scale in the mail and got the weight measured. It was only 58# at spec string/cable lengths. So I added twists again to the cables until I hit 63#. My draw length is at 29.5. Got the cams retimed. Also I changed out the factory center serving as it was very large and my arrow nocks were wearing a flat spot in the serving and had very high retention on the string. Plus, the factory center serving is like 10" long so I reserved it with .025 serving and only for 6" of the string. Now the arrow once snapped on the string will spin freely on the string. I also removed the brass nock above my D loop and just tied it in with about 5 wraps of .020 serving string. Dug out the chrony and my 380gr arrows and low and behold.....
    SWEET !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudpig View Post
    If I remember right, IT DOESN'T GET BETTER THAN THAT!!
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

sweet im glad you like it. its a nice felling when you do everything your self and it comes together

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

It really is a sweet feeling.
    -2011 Martin Silencer 63# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .029 sight, Alpine Whisperflite drop away rest, Alpine 5 arrow quiver, G5 1/4" Meta Peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Warrior and Expedition Hunter (385gr), G5 Montec
    -2011 Martin Silencer, 73# 29.5", Limbsaver prism elite .019 sight, QAD Ultra Rest Pro LD, Tight Spot 5 arrow quiver, 1/4" G5 Meta peep, Carbon Express 8" stabilizer, Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595 camo (441gr), G5 Montec BH.