Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TRG System HELP!

Searles8277

Exclamation TRG System HELP!

Hey everyone, Does anyone else have a problem with the new TRG system? It appears to me that the TRG and the Hammerhead String are eating each other up on my new 2011 Exlie Bow. I asked the dealer to check with Martin but I am not sure if they really are or not because all I get from them is that they are waiting for a response back from Martin. I have had the Bow a couple of weeks now I first noticed it within a few days and brought it to the dealers attention. They said they would look into it.
    Other than that I love the new Exile. It's light and fast! It should prove to be a great hunting bow. It shoots great as long as I do. Meaning that it isn't very forgiving of my shooting sins. I just have to get better if I want it to hit the 10 ring more often.
    Also I'm still waiting for the new 2011 online catalog to be available. I want to put on the SOS system because I need to quite this thing down. It is little to loud for my taste.
    HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

you would probably have the TRG figured out faster if you called Martin customer service. How many shots have you put through it? I have around 100 through my silencer and have no problems with it.

Searles8277

Question TRG Help Continued

I probably have about 500 arrows through it. However I began to notice it after 100 shots or so. I was hoping it would just go away as it wore in but it doesn't appear to yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Your dealer can order you the SOS. It is part #8811.
    If they wont contact Martin about the cable wear issue you can call CS and talk to them yourself. They will help you out.

Searles8277

Smile

I contacted CS and spoke with Joel. A+ He has me covered. I should be straightened out in a few days.
    The bidg question is why couldn't the dealer do that? it was pretty easy actually. Thanks!

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Searles8277 View Post
    I contacted CS and spoke with Joel. A+ He has me covered. I should be straightened out in a few days.
    The bidg question is why couldn't the dealer do that? it was pretty easy actually. Thanks!
    The dealer doesn't have as much power, then the voice of a customer.

Hutch
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 01-31-2011 at 01:44 PM.
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

what was the solution? i would like to know what the maintance is in that area, i have just been waxing the heck out of it around the trg. the only thing i noticed is wax building up on the string .
    Last edited by bowgramp59; 01-31-2011 at 04:47 PM.
    curtis

2010 nemesis camo, 2011 nemesis carbon fiber,
    2010 onza 3 camo,

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bowgramp59 View Post
    what was the solution?
    Good question!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I ran into it on my Firecat. Looked closely, and it's not a cable problem, it's the plastic from the TRG rubbing off and sticking to the cables. Started using Bohning's "string conditioner" on that part of the cables, and that seems to have drastically cut down on the problem. That string conditioner is alot slicker than regular wax. But ONLY use it right around the TRG. Get it near a peep, D-loop, or string silencer and they'll start to move.

SonnyThomas

Default TRG System HELP!

Well, R&D must not have done their job. To me the TRG looked to be a benefit, but then I said the test of time would tell. I just hope that the standard offset guide rod can be installed and work..... I dislike new stuff until proven.