Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TRG System HELP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    I called Martin CS and talked to them about this thread and issue. I actually got to talk to Joel as well. He said that the starter of this thread didnt have the serving of the TRG right and was causing the TRG & Strings to eat each other. Also, I am sure the TRG & SOS system prototype went trough exhausting trials & I can't imagine a company like Martin would establish a new product like the TRG & SOS system if it failed after a few 100 shots. That doesnt make for good business.
    Makes me wonder if he didn't get a very early model that maybe had the string and cable served at the TRG...........I would like to see him get back on here and let us know if that was the problem. I have an Exile here in the shop with about 50 shots on it and no visible sign of wear on the string/cable or the TRG........

Advantage Custom Strings

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=SonnyThomas;37905]
    Quote Originally Posted by kylecurtis04 View Post
    I called Martin CS and talked to them about this thread and issue. I actually got to talk to Joel as well. He said that the starter of this thread didnt have the serving of the TRG right and was causing the TRG & Strings to eat each other. QUOTE]

Explain please.
    Here is what they told me.

"Hi Kyle,

The tech you spoke with mentioned "serving" material as being a culprit. The
    serving is the thread material that is wrapped around the string. If you are
    not experiencing string wear this is a non-issue."

SonnyThomas

Default TRG System HELP!

Then the serving was/is a factory issue, not the thread (post) starter.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no serving on my Firecat anywhere close to the TRG, so I wonder what that means for me? My understanding was, when they tried using serving on the cables going through the TRG, it ate away at the plastic, so they decided to NOT use serving there. Might have to call Martin and get a definitive answer on this.

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ehunter View Post
    Might have to call Martin and get a definitive answer on this.
    THATS WHAT I WOULD DO!

HUTCH
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Searles8277

Red face TRG Help Continued from the original person posting

Hey everyone. I'm back on this issue. So ... to put politely I did not serve the original string so I didn't cause the TRG wear. The string was a stock issue and the serving was definately acting like a saw blade on the TRG because of it's perpendicular orientaion to the TRG slide. I went to my local shop and we fixed that issue temporarily until the new TRG and string come from Martin. But wait the plot thickens. After backing off the serving I visually checked the string and as I was pulling it back I noticed to my horror that the bus cable was nearly 2/3 chewed through by the inside slide of the TRG! I called Joel sent him a picture and he is sending out a new bus cable as well. After all of this I can't help but wonder if maybe this whole new TRG/SOS system is a good idea. The system on my Bengel was fine. Roller guides and an STS were proven to be great. I can't help but wonder if this was just a fluke because I have one of the first bows? Was there a QC problem with the TRG that I happened to get? I am worried at this point. The saga continues

Post Thanks / Like

And the plot thickens.
    Firecat 400

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Searles8277 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm back on this issue. So ... to put politely I did not serve the original string so I didn't cause the TRG wear. The string was a stock issue and the serving was definately acting like a saw blade on the TRG because of it's perpendicular orientaion to the TRG slide. I went to my local shop and we fixed that issue temporarily until the new TRG and string come from Martin. But wait the plot thickens. After backing off the serving I visually checked the string and as I was pulling it back I noticed to my horror that the bus cable was nearly 2/3 chewed through by the inside slide of the TRG! I called Joel sent him a picture and he is sending out a new bus cable as well. After all of this I can't help but wonder if maybe this whole new TRG/SOS system is a good idea. The system on my Bengel was fine. Roller guides and an STS were proven to be great. I can't help but wonder if this was just a fluke because I have one of the first bows? Was there a QC problem with the TRG that I happened to get? I am worried at this point. The saga continues
    So, what you are saying is that the original factory string/cable came from the factory served at the TRG ? If so, then that would be what caused the initial problem with your TRG and strings, it would be the same if the bow had a rod and slide and the cables,string were served where they run through the slide, it would produce a very rapid death to the slide.

The string and cables on the Exile here in the shop are not served at the TRG although the idler serving on the string does come down almost to the TRG, it does not touch it.

I think once you get the string, cable and TRG are replaced you should be good to go. I would reccomend keeping the string/cable waxed on a regular basis at least where it runs through the TRG.

Advantage Custom Strings

Searles8277

Smile TRG Saga Continued

I appriciate the help. Yes the serving was all the way down the string to the TRG and it was killing it. I kept it well waxed all along but that didn't make a difference. Why would it right? My giant concern now is the bus cable. There was no serving in that equation. What caused it to fray so badly? I'm extremely worried that this problem wont go away. If you want pictures send me an email and I will send them out. I seem to be having problems trying to attach them to this post. msearles@gcontrol.net Once again thanks for trying to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Searles8277 View Post
    I appriciate the help. Yes the serving was all the way down the string to the TRG and it was killing it. I kept it well waxed all along but that didn't make a difference. Why would it right? My giant concern now is the bus cable. There was no serving in that equation. What caused it to fray so badly? I'm extremely worried that this problem wont go away. If you want pictures send me an email and I will send them out. I seem to be having problems trying to attach them to this post. msearles@gcontrol.net Once again thanks for trying to help.
    The Exile here in the shop has appox. 100 shots on it and there is no sign of string/cable wear or wear on the TRG.

How are the string/cable routed through the TRG? This one has the cable going to the inside part and the string going through the outside (open) part of the TRG.

Advantage Custom Strings